Chapter Six

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" The Head Master asked with a shocked expression matching her shocked voice almost perfectly.

I don't understand how she could have misinterpreted me. I spoke my wish quite clearly and yet she is having trouble understanding what I want.

"My wish is for you to kill me." I repeated my wish to her as I could see her face pale from my requested. I glanced out over the crowd as I wanted to see what all of them thought of my wish. All were stunned. It was as if they couldn't understand why I wanted to die. I was one of the most powerful beings in the world and with enough training I could be the most powerful. Yet why would I want to through that all away.

"Are you sure?" The Head Master asked hoping I would change my mind. As if I would resolve myself to wanting to be dead and then all of a sudden wouldn't mind living. What is she playing at? "This will end the Dragon race for all eternity. You are aware of that, right?" She asked making me confused slightly.

"Why are you worried about that?" I asked her as my eyes found Julie. Her tears streaming down her face and around her hands that covered her mouth. She seemed distraught. As if the decision I have made would hurt her in any way. Why would she think that? She has never thought of me as anything more than a friend to tell your deepest secrets to. A friend with no hope of a more romantic type of relationship of forming.

"You race will end. Why would you want that?" She asked, still stunned. She still had not come to terms that this is my wish and not hers to delay.

"Since when has the Supernatural community cared if Dragon's live. There is a reason that I am the last dragon. Don't try to redeem your actions now that only one is left. This is what the Supernatural world wants. And I may as well give it to them."

"But..." She began before she trailed off.

"But nothing." I said as calmly as I could. I lifted my gaze to the sky and watched the clouds slowly roll passed. It was a beautiful sight to behold. Even now I can appreciate the beauty this world had to offer. "I have made my wish and I expect you to see it through." I lowered my gaze and met the Head Masters light brown eyes with my own. A smile forming on my lips.

"I understand." She said as she raised her right hand.

"Head Master, you can't!" The other judges shouted as they tried to reason with her decision. "He is the last of his race! You can't just kill him!"

"Please see reason. We can use his strength!" Another of the judges shouted out. And there it was, the reason as to why they wanted me to live.

"You see Head Master." I told her with a chuckle as I widened my arms. "That is all I am to the Supernaturals. Someone to use. Something with no free will. I will never be accepted. You are doing me a favour at this moment." I added as I lowered my head welcoming my fate.

"He is right." The Head Master said slowly as her hand began to glow a bright yellow. She was getting ready to unleash a mini version of her most powerful spell. A condensed version of the Holy Spear of Divine Light. She was one of the few who could wield this type of magic and it seemed like poetic justice that a rare find like her would be the one to end me. "The least I can do is let him go out on his own terms." She said as she shot the spear towards my chest.

The spear of light burst through my chest completely decimating my heart. I felt no pain. I felt no regrets. I felt nothing.

Loud gasps could be heard from the crowds as they witness my death. Many wondered why I would do something like that. Why, if I had all that power, would I just give it up so easily? If they had that power they would use it to achieve greatness. But what they don't know is that with that immense power and the kind of beast he was. The loneliness that comes with it is far more terrifying than death itself. This was his haven. This was his escape.