Chapter Two

Its been a few weeks since the opening ceremony and we have been placed within the dorms. I don't know if it was by sheer luck or coincidence but I was the only person who did not have a roommate with them. Most of the boys were jealous and some were even furious that I was the lucky one.

I had hoped that within this academy I could finally find peace, that I could finally find a place where I belong. But life does not always work the way that you wish for it to. Due to my status within the dorm as well as the unlikely friendship I had with Julie, made me the target of the bullies within the academy.

I hated being the last dragon in existence and I decided to always hide the fact. I did not want the unnecessary reputation from being discovered, so I took their punishment. Taking a few beatings and a few insults was enough to tide me over.

Julie was not aware of what was happening to me and that is the way I would like to keep it. She has been nothing but nice to me, so I did not want to ruin her days with the knowledge that just because she knew and liked me, I was shunned as the result.

It turned out that I found what degree she saw me as a friend was. I was the friend that would give her advice on the boys that she found attractive and powerful. I was the friend that would console her when she felt down or when she felt worthless. Yet I was never the friend that she would be able to open up emotionally and love.

Throughout the beatings and the insults, the main antagonist of mine, was a fire mage by the name of Bo Scaro. He was one of the highest nobility students currently attending the academy and one of the most powerful of the first years. He was the main tormentor who made my days here hell.

With everything that has gone wrong throughout my academy life, I was not prepared for the events that would unfurl themselves within my near future. The one thing I was subconsciously hoping wouldn't happen would happen eventually. The one hope I had held out for came crashing down upon my life in the most unfortunate way I could imagine.

Julie came into my dorm room with a large smile on her face. She never comes to my room this early in the morning. It was just about time to start getting ready for the classes that were about to begin.

She was wearing a knee length sparkly black sleeveless dress that truly made her figure stand out. She looked beautiful standing at the entrance to my door asking to come in. I noticed her long loose black hair was a bit dishevelled and the look of ecstasy was plastered upon her face.

"I have finally done it." She let out as she fell back onto my bed.

"Done what?" I asked as I turned to my wooden closest beginning to look through it for the clothes I intended to wear to class.

"I have finally found the one to make my husband." She said with a sigh and as I turned around shocked, I could see her closed eyes and the look of pure joy sitting upon her face.

"What?" I said still shocked at her revelation. Is she being serious now? Is she really that far out of my reach that I am no longer within her sights? Why do these things keep happening to me? I thought as I felt my heart fall to the depths of my being.

"I have found a powerful magic user that I can make my husband." She said as she sat up on the bed as glanced in my direction. "And the perfect thing is, we have sealed the deal. There is no way he is getting out of this marriage now."

"Sealed the deal?" I asked hoping against all odds that what she meant was not what I was thinking of at this very moment.

"We gave ourselves to each other." She said with a large smile as she fell back down onto my bed. "We belong to each other now. There is no way Bo can get out of the upcoming marriage arrangement."