Chapter Seventeen

I stared up at the man before me. His facial features betraying nothing. He stood emotionless, his hands clasped behind him. My mind completely blank.

How could something like this be possible? There is no way he was telling me the truth. It just couldn't be true. If it was, then why would he abandon me for all these years? Why would he let me think I was alone in this world? And why would he be doing something like this?

"It is amusing to see you trying to figure it out." My apparent father said with a smirk. The temperature in the room not yet falling, and becoming uncomfortable for me. This is a new sensation for me. Does this mean that I have no fire abilities at all?

"Why?" Was all I could ask as far too many thoughts began to flood through my head.

My father slowly walked over to me covering the few meters distance over the course of a dozen seconds. The smirk long gone from his lips. He stopped and stared down at me.

"You look like your mother." He said with venom lacing his tone. Obviously the comparison is not something he likes, nor does it seem to explain anything further. All I could tell was that maybe the relationship between my mother and father, might not have been as prosperous as I had imagined.

"Who?" Another one word question escaped my lips. My composure still not reforming. This situation was still far too much for me.

"I go by the name Quin." He said and another smirk crossed his lips as he noticed the recognition that passed through me. How was this possible? How is my father the leader of the enemies? He is the one responsible for so many deaths and possibly a war in the near future. "I see you know of me." His smirk grew. "Then this will be good. I don't have to explain that many things."

"How is this possible?" I said softly as my gaze dropped to the ground. However, I did not say it soft enough as my father heard it clearly.

"Why would you ask such a question?" He asked as his smirk disappeared. "Does it not make sense that the rebellion is led by a dragon? The creature that the world has condemned and slaughtered? The magnificent beast that has been killed off? Survived only by us? Well me, anyway.

"The world deemed themselves worthy of becoming the judges and the executioners. Due to their own weaknesses, they thought is right to exterminate an entire race. They cannot be forgiven for their actions. They must pay." He added as smoke began to leak from within his suit. His eyes glowing a bright orange.

"And to top it off, that bitch decided to hide you from me. To keep my own son from my hands." He said growing angrier and angrier. "And to top it off. She was the existence that I despised the most." He added as he turned and walked back to his seat.

"But enough about our little family catch up." He said as he sat down on his throne. The smoke dissipating into nothingness. His eyes returning to their black colouring. "I should rather explain to you about your situation and why you are here."

My mind still reeling about the information he has told me already. Wondering why he would hate my own mother. Someone he was supposed to love. Just what was she that could make him this angry? It would seem that the being or creature she was weighed heavier on his heart than the almost extinction of his race.

"I have what I wanted from you." He said as his arms rested on the armrests of his golden throne. "For now, we have decided on a place for you." He said seemingly bored. "In order to keep an army of this size excited. To keep their senses alive. We have made an arena of sorts. Where those we have captured in battled who are unlucky enough to survive, are made to fight to the death. Their pain and misery heightens the morale of my army.

"And you are the latest contestant. Although you are little more than a normal mortal, you should still be able to provide some entertainment for their savage needs." He said with a still expression. Even condemning his own son to death, did little to faze his emotions. He truly is an evil bastard.

"But I'm your son. Why are doing this to me?" I said as the truth my father told me was beginning to strike against my conscience. Was I really unimportant? Was I really someone who could be so easily thrown away?

"You are not my son!" My father shouted as he stood up quickly. A short burst of golden flames burst from his body, disappearing into smoke. "You and your mother have tainted the glorious dragon race. She was a lying traitor and you are an abomination." He added as he began to regain his composure. "And I will not sully my reputation and my conscience by acknowledging you as my son and rightful heir."

"Please father." I almost begged as the truth dawned over my entire essence. He was condemning me to death and he couldn't care less. All he cared for was the fact that he wouldn't recognise me as his son.

A sudden rush of power let out as a hard thick object slammed into my chest, throwing me into the doors behind me. I crashed through the doors, shattering them into dozens of splinters. I only came to a stop as I was embedded into the wall behind the now broken doors. A string of blood burst from my lips before the stream that poured from my lips grew larger. My chest erupting into pain as I could feel several broken ribs. I lifted my gaze and found the object that hit me.

My father stood their with his hair on fire, a black scaled dragon tail that sprouted from above his rear was retracting slowly towards him. The ground from his body towards where I stood previously was both scorched and broken into pieces. His mere tail causing that much damage. I could have never hoped for power such as that.

"Who gave you permission to call me father." My father said in a deep threatening voice. "You are nothing. A spec of dust beneath my shoes. A blemish that is so easily removed. Do not presume you have the right to stand anywhere near me, let alone next to me."

He straightened his jacket as his tail disappeared. He returned to his chair and sat down. In this time I fell from the wall with a loud thud as more of my blood splatter against the ground. The stream from my lips finally stopping.

"I think it is about time to have you handed over to our arena coordinator. She will take good care of you. Provide you with the necessary means to make your fights all that more meaningful. She too has something that once belonged to you." He said as he snapped his fingers once more. The doors to his right opened slowly. Letting in the loud cheers and that clashing of metal to burst throughout the room. "Here she is."

I could barely lift my head anymore, let alone look up at her. But a sense of dread overcame me. A sense of foreboding that told me that whomever it was, it was not something that I could handle. This alone made it even harder to look up.

My mind wondering through all the events in my life that has led me to this point. The first foster family that was a part of. The nightly disciplining that became a normal occurrence. The first moment that I met Julie. The extravagance that erupted from her mere presence. The moment she told me about Bo. The moment I decided to kill myself. The beam of light that led to Julie giving up her essence to keep me alive.

The moment when Rosalie appeared at the old academies headmistresses office. The fight that showed my abilities to all present when I fought Bo's brother. When Rosalie touched my chest. The way my dragon reacted to her. The moment I met my dragon. The big black box that seemed to hold a power that should not be made known. The moment I was kidnapped.

"You really are pathetic aren't you." I heard a familiar voice that made my blood run cold. I pleaded to the heavens above that I had merely misheard. There was no way that she was here. There was no way she was working for my father. She couldn't. It's impossible. I slowly lifted my head to confirm my suspicions. When my gaze met hers, my hopes dropped. All emotion failed me except for a feeling of betrayal. It was really her.

"Rosalie?" I asked softly not really expecting an answer.