Chapter Thirty One

The dark that surrounded me suddenly faded away. My eyes opened to the fire lit sky as screams and shouted of pain and anguish berated my ears. I found myself lying face first on the same destroyed tar where I fell.

I quickly got into a standing position as I felt the energy that Vessilum poured into me. My senses were enhanced, allowing me to see kilometers further than I originally could. I could smell the carnage all around me. I could hear far further than I should. And I could feel the power emanating from me. From my core.

"Victor!" Julie shouted from beside me as she stared at me concerned. It must have been a shock for her to see me suddenly collapsed.

Her hands softly grabbed my cheeks as she gazed deeply into my eyes, as if trying to determine if I was alright. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I remembered everything that I had seen and experienced.

"What happened?" Julie asked even more concerned now than she was previously. 

"I saw her." I told her with a smile on my face as my hands found their way to hers, gently grabbing them. "I saw my mother."

"How..." She began to ask but trailed off as I took her left hand from my cheek, holding it in my right.

"I am the last Vessilum, and apparently that affords me some perks." I began as I pulled her close into a hug, holding her tightly. "She was there, with Penelope, with everyone. Every Vessilum to have existed." I told her as I took in her smell, allowing it to calm me.

"You need to explain to me fully what happened after all this." She said as she stroked my back. The touch getting me back to my usual state. I broke the hug and straightened my back. Taking a deep breath I tilted my head upwards. As I breathed out, I lowered my head and looked into her eyes.

"Let's go." I said as we turned towards the carnage. The fire already blocking out the blue sky. A deafening roar sounded out above us as black flames descended onto the academy. The sound of battle becoming prominent over everything else. The students giving it their all to fight for their home, their friends, their family.

Knowing what I know about the Vessilum, I knew how to make use of Michael's power without him taking control over my body. Although he was powerful, he still needed the opening to take control. He needed me to be unstable emotionally and mentally.

The golden white wings appeared on my back as I stretched them outwards. Julie herself, having her white leathery wings sprouting from hers. We began to ascend towards our final battle. Towards the end of our misery. This was going to be difficult but it was needed.

It took us just under a minute to come to a hover before a flying Quin. His black dragon far bigger than my own, than Julie's. His power was truly amazing. Which makes me think that if you gain the power of the Will from your species, it does not disappear when you sire offspring.

Smoke escaped the jaw of the pitch black scaled dragon. His eyes never leaving mine. We were this close to finishing the war, yet neither of us moved.

"Do you really think you can defeat me?" Quin said with a deep gravelly voice. Rearing his head backwards imposing his presence upon us. His aura was powerful and the power he leaked subconsciously was nothing short of amazing. Dragons truly are one of the most powerful beings.

I hovered forward, putting some space between Julie and myself. My hair suddenly growing to my waist as the ends caught on fire. The colour of my hair changing from blonde to the orange red glow that imitates fire. My skin became almost pure white. My eyes slitting as they turned golden.

All of my closed disintegrated off of my body as if being split apart on the atomic level. White trousers appeared upon my body with the ends of each leg appearing to be caught on fire.