Chapter Twenty Two

Bending down to pick Rosalie's body up, noting that she was completely unconscious. Her heartbeat was soft but still there. I held her in my arms with her left hang loosely towards the floor and her right across her chest. I gazed outwards towards the arena and noted the destruction that had occurred.

The lightning still rippling off my skin as my anger failed to fade away. After everything that had happened, I felt that these people deserved what they had received.

Pulling on the connection I felt myself link with the lightning within the clouds. As I was about to command the lightning to pick me and Rosalie up and using the magnificent speed lightning would afford me, loud shouts erupted from within the arena doors.

Hundreds of men and women, all with angered looks upon their faces, burst forth into the arena. Immediately stopping once they witnessed the carnage that had unfolded. There was no incident within their memory that could explain a disaster such as this. The hundreds of burnt corpses that littered the arena, the limbs that were strewn across the floor without a body to connect to.

Nothing prepared them for a sight like this one. I watched as their eyes fell upon me. I could feel the fear erupt from within them. As if witnessing the god of death himself, standing there commanding the forces of lightning as if they belonged to him. This was the image he projected to those that were not aware of who he was.

I shot upwards sending numerous shockwaves bursting outwards as I flew along the clouds. The ground where I stood cracked outwards as small tremors ran through the ground. Allowing the lightning to fuel my speed. The dark grey clouds extending in every direction. I felt a pull further south and almost instantly I knew it was someone familiar calling out to me. As if being a beacon to show me the way.

I travelled through the lightning letting it surround me. The strange thing was, it seemed the lightning was trying to protect Rosalie from this tremendous strain. It was keeping her safe while I travelled faster than I have ever done before.

It only took a few minutes before I made my way to the island. Bursting through the shield that camouflaged it from the outside world, I shot towards the arena grounds. Seeing the roof open, I knew that it was in use. I might stop a few fights, but who cares, I needed to make a choice and this seemed like the less risky one.

The clouds thundered with lightning that burst forth across the surface of the clouds. Calling forth a large bolt that aimed itself at the center of the arena, I rushed forward.

As the bolt touched down, the ground cracked outwards, sending both small tremor through the ground and a shockwave through the air. The lightning bolt subsided while the small bolts that rippled across my form rang forth. A few striking the ground beneath my feet.

I stood tall as I squeezed my hold on Rosalie. My glowing eyes gazed across the crowd in attendance to Penelope who stood a dozen meters from me. It appeared to be some form of speech. I could see the surprise in her eyes as they danced from me to the unconscious body in my arms.

She rushed forward as she took Rosalie's body. Unsure of what to do.

"Take her to the holding cells." I said as the hundreds of voices displayed my power to all those in attendance. "I need to speak to you afterwards." I told her as I turned as walked to my left, towards the exit of the arena.

I made it to the floor int he building where I was kidnapped from. This was my home, regardless of what happened, I couldn't shake it from my conscience.

I finally calmed down, as the power faded from within me. Being drawn back into its source deep within my very essence. A sensation of pain mixed with weakness flooded through my body. My legs shook as they tried to maintain my weight. Failing as I fell to my hands and knees. Breathing deeply as sweat began to form around my entire body.

Whatever poser I wielded was more of a double edged sword than I ever thought. I felt drained of energy. My muscles weak from exertion. It made me happy to know that I calmed down now than within the grasp of the enemy.  My vision began to blur as I fell to the ground, my face turned to the window. Then darkness overcame me.

I found myself floating in a dark space. With a feeling of immense pressure bearing down upon my body from all directions. There was no light to speak of, and I failed to determine where I could be. I knew this was within my essence, but this was far different from what I experienced earlier with my dragon.

"Do not think I will save you again, boy." Came a deep voice laden with hundreds of voices. The same voice that I spoke with when I unleashed my hidden power. "That was not your power, you halfwit. It was mine. I merely allowed you to wield it to take revenge on that bitch that betrayed us." The voice added as I felt its anger. How powerful must this being be if I could feel its very emotions. If it could keep my here floating in nothing with no hope to escape.

"Why help me?" I asked the strange voice. Hoping it would shed some light on a few concerns that I had.

"Were you not listening?" The voice shot back. The anger he felt surrounding my entire body. "That bitch betrayed us. She deserved what she got. I would have preferred if you killed her. But under the circumstances that be, it was wise for you to let her live."

"Of course I had to let her live. Julie is within her." I shouted back as my own anger rose. How dare this unseen being think that I would harm Julie?

"I don't care anymore." The voice sounded disinterested.

"Not my problem. Who are you?" I shot back annoyed at this beings attention span. It was grinding my gears knowing that something like him was inside my very essence. Then it hit me. Was this the being inside the black box? The being that my own dragon was afraid of? It couldn't be possible, right?

"I have already stated my name." The being said slightly amused. "It is for you to remember what it is. After all, where would the fun be if I told you everything?" Those were the last words I heard the being spoke before I was thrown backwards into the endlessness that was this dark space.

I was jolted back into my body as I jerked awake. Finding myself lying on a soft white bed. Surrounded my beeping machines. My eyes gazed across the white room, my memories immediately taking me back to the previous time I woke up like this. Fear gripping me.

However, this seemed different. This was more of a hospital room than that of the room I woke up in previously. The machines lined the wall near my head. Their beeping becoming slightly annoying. I began to choke as I realised that there was a tube down my throat helping me breath. Ripping it out, I spat the loose saliva that built up during my coughing fit.

I found myself wearing patient whites as I flung the sheet like blanket off of my body. The machines were now beeping louder than normal alerting the doctors and nursing to my room. The door burst open as the doctors stopped in shock. It was only a second, but I saw their hesitation, before they rushed up to me.

Two doctors wearing their doctors whites, and a dark blue bandanna like fabric atop their head. The nurses wearing a light pink scrubs. The doctors quickly grabbed my head and left arm, taking my vitals and ensuring that I was in decent health.

"What happened?" I asked the doctors as they turned to face each other. The one to my right, with light blue eyes and a five o'clock shadow decided to speak first.

"One of the elites found you unconscious on the elites floor. He in turn called us. We have the most advanced medical program, with the added magical influence, in the world. When the staff arrived to pick you up, we found that you were in a state that was shutting down your internal functions." He added and then gestured to the array of machines behind me. "Hence the machines behind you."

"How long?" I asked him as I laid back down on the bed, letting this new information wash over me.

"Two weeks." He replied.