Chapter Sixteen

It felt as if I was floating in nothing. With only the darkness surrounding my entire figure. Not knowing what direction I was facing. Barely able to feel anything. Yet able to feel the pain that has now continued to constantly flood through me.

As if my chest was being ripped apart due to an exterior source of immense strength rather than any sort of precision surgical motion.

My eyes suddenly burst open, a white light covering my entire range of vision. The pain of the blinding light flooding through my eyes. Yet the pain itself, making me unable to close my eyes. It took a few moments before the pain washed away, allowing me to adjust my eyes to the brightness of the room.

I found myself in a pure white room with silver tables and surgical equipment. Well, I say equipment, but it is more like objects that are solely for the surgery instead of the full range of everything that is needed. I could see the dark red stains on most of the equipment, letting me know that have have already been used.

To my right was the silver table with the bloodied equipment, while to my left was a large white door with a single rectangle window that mirrored out. Not allowing me to see through.

Above me was a large circular light attached to a manoeuvre rig. I tried to move my body, finding both my arms and leg tightly strapped against the silver steel table. I managed to lift my head enough to see the bindings and noted that they were the same chains that captured me.

Looking at my body, I found myself only with a sheet covering my lower region. Other than that, not a stitch covered my entire body. The sheet stained red along with my chest. But the weird thing was that my torso looked almost untouched, except for three holes. One in the center of each peck, and then one just below the center of my rib cage. The holes almost the same size as my pinky finger.

No pain came from those holes, but I could still see some blood slowly seeping from the openings.

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't feel any part of my power. I couldn't feel the connection to the fire or to my dragon that was previously so prominent. I felt alone.

First Julie, and now Rosalie seemed to have betrayed me. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Maybe she was just trying to help. But going by the fact that I could not feel any ounce of power, maybe that was not the correct thinking. Did she truly betray me? What have they done to me?

Julie? I asked in my mind hoping that she would still be there. However, nothing but silence came forth. Her presence seemed to no longer within me. But how was that possible? How could the one thing that was supposed to be keeping me alive suddenly vanish? How is this possible?

The feeling of loneliness overcame me. Do I really have nothing now? Strapped against the table like some sort of experiment object. Is this what I have become? The last dragon?

Suddenly the door opened. With not so much as a creak or groan, the door slid open as a man dressed in doctors white scrubs, with a white face guard and head covering, stepped through. His dark cold black eyes looked at my moving form without any confusion. No reaction at all. Instead he walked over to the steel table and found an object near the far left.

I couldn't see the object he held within his hands as he moved his body to stand between me and the object. It took a few moments before he turned to me. I finally saw what was in his hands. A metal dark collar. A constant blue LED light was shining brightly near the front.

He moved over to me and in one swift movement, lifted my head and placed the collar around my neck. The LED that was now under my chin switched from a bright blue to an almost neon red. A loud beep sounded out as it did so.

I tried to ask the doctor figure why I was there, but no words came out. My mouth opening and closing yet all that escaped my lips, were soft groans. A tear fell from my right eye as I began to wonder what was going to happen to. What this collar could do to me. It feels as if I was no longer in control.

The doctor turned to me, still steadily blinking. Suddenly the chains dissipated into nothing, freeing my arms and legs. Noticing this, I tried to sit up. I needed to escape. I needed to return to the academy. Maybe headmistress Penelope could assist with my current situation. However, all that happened was that I fell to the floor with a loud thud. Small splashes of blood falling to the floor.

I tried to crawl towards the door, ignoring the pain that had suddenly flared with the fall. But it was not to be so. My body was suddenly writhing on the floor as electricity suddenly shot through it. Originating from the collar. It would seem that I found the reason for the collar. My muscles tensed continuously until the electricity subsided.

My eyes clenched tightly as the pain began to slowly dissipate. I felt myself being picked up by my shoulders by two people. When they arrived, I had no idea. Being pulled with my legs dragging against the ground, my kidnappers seemed to have decided what to do with me.

I was pulled through multiple doors and around even more corners, until the men dragging me had brought me to the determined destination. Letting me fall to the floor with a thud, they turned and left the room.

The room itself was quite large being over twenty meters long and about eight wide. Two thick wooden twin doors sat at the center of each of the walls that line the right and the left of the room. Near the end was a stage of sorts that looked to be built into the room itself. Having the same dark blue stone like material.

Atop the stage was a large golden throne with red cushions. The throne itself seemed to be of a simplistic design yet it held an aura of power. Sitting on the throne was an older man around the late forties of age. Grey starting to appear at his temples which stood prominent against his black short hair. His thick well kept beard and his dark black eyes giving him a dangerous feel.

He sat there in a pitch black suit with a black tie and black collared shirt. My gaze met his and in a instant I felt overwhelmed. Whomever this was, must hold tremendous power. Enough for it to be so overwhelming without him having to move.

"Victor Mc'Arthur." The man began in a deep voice. His voice holding a thick Scottish accent. However, I could still understand him. I managed to get into a sitting position as I leaned backwards. Only now noticing my state of dress. "I would have preferred you dressed. This is quite unnerving." He said as he raised his right hand and snapped his fingers. The doors to my right opened and in stepped a man almost as large as the black suited man, with a black suit and white collared shirt. His short blonde hair slicked back.

"You called, sir." The man said in a soft tone. Yet it held an immense respect towards the man he address.

"Clothe him please." The man in black said slightly bored.

"Of course." The man replied with a soft bow of his head as he looked over to me. He raised his right hand and as it began to glow a bright white, I felt my body suddenly warm. Clothes appeared on my body as if I was dressed from the beginning. However, it was more rags than anything resembling normal clothes.

I was in light brown trousers that had seen many better days before. A few rips on the left leg. I was wearing a light brown long sleeve shirt that had a few tears across the torso and back. A big '144' written in red across the top.

"That's better." The man in black said not giving the other man another glance. After a few seconds the doors closed and it was only myself and the man in black left. His gaze affixed on mine.

"Hello son." The man said as he stood up. The room's temperature suddenly rising.