Chapter 12 - 'Little Family'

‘Perverts! How long have you guys been watching us?!’ Mollie asked everyone, as she watched Nathan coo over Rachael. ‘Long enough to know you’re engaged and have a new addition to the family!’ exclaimed Vanessa. ‘Anyways, let’s see the ring!’ smiled Frankie. ‘Wow, Nathan. You don’t do things by have do you?!’ asked Tom. ‘Only the best for my girl’ smiled Nathan, with one hand around Mollie’s waist, in the other hand he held a now sleeping baby.

The ring was a 14K white gold diamond bypass ring, with 6 brilliant round cut diamonds on either side of the dazzling centre stone. The diamond was hand-picked by Nathan himself. ‘Hey Mollie, did you know that the engagement and wedding rings are placed on the second finger from the left on the left hand, because it is the only finger with a vein connected to the heart?’ asked Rochelle. Mollie and Nathan looked at each other and laughed. ‘That’s good to know Rochelle.’ She answered. ‘I’ll keep that in mind.’

So Mollie was to become the third member of The Saturdays to get married after Una and Rochelle. Frankie and Vanessa were still single, and Vanessa was trying to stay away from Jay after what had happened that morning. She knew though, that she wasn’t pregnant because she decided to go on the pill after Mollie announced her pregnancy, but she didn’t tell Jay that. From what she had heard from Tom, who she was good friends with, he always did things without thinking of the consequences for others. She wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine.  

‘Okay guys, are we going to celebrate this engagement or what?! And, we still have to properly celebrate our number 1 in America, our new TV show and Rachael’s birth!’ exclaimed Frankie. Nathan resisted putting Rachael to bed, he felt that she deserved to be part of the celebrations, since they were celebrating her. Saying she was part of the celebrations though was a little over the top. All she did all night was sleep in either Mollie’s, Nathan’s or Jay’s arms.

Jay pulled the barbeque out of the garage before lighting it. Tom decided that he wanted to build a campfire right in the centre of the garden. He gathered kindling, large pieces of wood and sticks, before using the kindling as the base of the fire. The sticks were used to hold the fire up and the wood was placed on top. He began to light it, with his cigarette lighter. ‘Um Tom, what are you doing?’ asked Nathan after noticing the large burning furnace in the middle of the garden. ‘Do you want to be warm?’ asked Tom. ‘Yes, I do, but I don’t want a big burnt patch in the middle of my garden. It’s not attractive!’ he exclaimed. ‘Don’t worry, your garden will be fine! I’m not dangerous Nath!’ he laughed. ‘Um. Sure Tom, you’re not dangerous’ he rolled his eyes before focusing on Rachael who had just woken up.

‘Somebody’s hungry’ commented Nathan. ‘Yes me!!’ shouted Rochelle. Rochelle was always eating. She ate almost everything, even dog on a visit to China. ‘So do you want a bottle too Roch?’ asked Nathan sarcastically. ‘Yes please! A bottle of Corona Extra please!’ she sent the whole house into hysterics. ‘So Molls. Let’s see your ring’ smiled her mum Sue. ‘I’m so happy for you Mollie. You’ve got a life to envy. A beautiful baby, a drop dead gorgeous fiancée who happens to be famous like yourself, and an enviable pop career.’ Babbled her sister Ellen.

It took the words of her sister for her to realise just how lucky she actually was. She had the best partner in the world, a gorgeous baby girl, fame and soon she was travelling to America, and when I say soon, I mean the following evening. Rachael was staying at home with Nathan for two weeks and would only be in touch with them via Skype. When Nathan returned with a Rachael, her bottle and some alcohol for the guests, she pulled him down the end of the garden with Rachael. ‘I want to spend some quality time with you and Rach before we fly off to America tomorrow evening.’ she told him.  Down the back, they had a raised patio with some timber chairs and a sun lounger. They sat down on the sun lounger, cuddled into each other, with Rachael in between them. ‘I’ll miss you both Nath. I can’t imagine spending more than a day without you both.’ She began to cry. ‘Oh Mollie, don’t cry. It’s only two weeks. We’ll Skype each other after Rachael gets up in the morning and just before she goes to bed, I’ll text you every minute of the day and phone you at least twice every hour, even if you don’t want to talk to me!’ he explained. ‘I’ll always want to talk to you Nath. You always make me laugh!’ she told him, making him laugh. ‘You’re too kind Molls! Too kind!’

‘So, let’s talk wedding plans babe. We’re not going to get married this coming year are we?’ she asked. ‘No. I don’t think so, maybe 2014 babe. We’re still a bit young, and we do have hectic schedules. You’re probably asking yourself why I proposed this early in our relationship, I just felt it was right, and wanted to make sure you are mine and always will be. I want to make you Mrs. Sykes!’ he told her. ‘I’m very happy that you proposed to me tonight. It topped off a wonderful day, getting Rachael back and everything!’ she told him kissing him and snuggling in closer. She lifted Rachael out of his hands and into her left arm, so she could cuddle in even closer to him. She felt his warm breath on her forehead, and he had his arms around her, one under Rachael’s body. ‘We’re a proper little family now Molls’ he smiled. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and took a picture of the three of them, before setting it as his background on his phone and posting it on Twitter.

@NathanTheWanted: ‘Little family xxx’ he tweeted with the picture.

Immediately his found that his phone was beeping. His scrolled down through the mentions to see an awful lot of RT’s and tweets stating how cute they were together.

They sat there in the silence, watching everything before them. Tom was fighting with Max over the fire, Jay was burning food on the BBQ, Rochelle and Frankie, who was a lightweight when it came to drink, we sprawled across the grass drunk, Siva was comparing Irish accents with Una, and Vanessa was dancing on her own in the corner to The Saturdays, All Fired Up. Mollie’s family had obviously left some time ago.

*back at the top of the garden*

‘Guys, food is ready’ Jay told everyone. ‘Whoo! Is it burnt?’ asked Una. ‘No!’ he answered shocked. ‘I’ve watched them carefully. ‘I’ll go get Nathan and Mollie’ Una offered. She wandered down the garden and up the steps to the patio, only to find Mollie, Nathan and Rachael cuddled up together on the lounger. She walked back down the path, before returning with a blanket for them. Once she had covered them, she took out her phone and took a picture of the beautiful sight

 Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rach x