Because Of You And Me

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

"Sir, you're not allowed to see her until she's stable. Same goes for you." The nurse said. I watched as some doctors ran behind her and into Lucy's room. I can hear Lucy screaming at them, but her voice fades away.

"What did they do to her?!" I asked through gritted teeth.

"They only sedated her so she doesn't disturb the other patients."

"Well you're disturbing me by keeping us apart!" I yelled. I watch the nurse call in a doctor, and that pulled the last straw. I waited for the doctor to walk right next to me and as he grabbed my arm to sedate me, I yank it out of his hand and eject it into his own arm. I look at the scared nurse and said, "I won't let you sedate me like you have her!"

The nurse slowly walks next door to Lucy's room. Once she comes back, I see my dad. 

"He's just sedated that doctor. He refuses to listen to us unless he gets to see the patient next door." She explains.

"What do you expect me to do? Help you stop him from loving his girl? If that's true, then you're a cruel person. I can't imagine my wife and I stuck in a hospital together,but not being allowed to see each other. I'm sorry, but I will not help you encourage my son to give up on his love. No if you excuse me, I have a son to take to Lucy's room."  My dad said. 

He walked across the room where a wheel chair was. He wheeled it over to me and helped me on. He pushed me passed the shocked nurse and into Lucy's room. He left me next to Lucy's bed and left the room. I looked at Lucy's pale, dry face and started tearing up. I brushed her arm with my hand,hoping she would wake up, but the sedation they use last eight hours. Eventually I fell asleep next to her though, and it was the best feeling ever.

I woke up after 12 hours and saw Lucy still asleep, unless they sedated her again, she should wake up. I started poking at her gently and shaking her. After a few minutes, she wakes up. She looks around, but doesn't see me exactly. She looks at my hair and starts messing with it. 

"Please, tell me this is you Natsu. Not some mean doctor who tried to act as you." She croaked, a single tear falling down her face. I simply smirked and spoke

"Would a fake doctor know that I confessed my love for you outside of town while you had an empty gun in your hands?" I said softly. She quickly sits up and wraps her arms around me.

"Thank goodness! You don't know how many times they've tried acting as you so I would calm down. They take advantage of my blurry vision." She explained.

"Well then, they're just cruel. What I want to know is what the said about your lung problem sense you said you still need inhalers."

"They said that I shouldn't even be alive for as long as I've been without inhalers, sadly though, they're signing me up for some."

"But they'll help you live a longer life."

"No they don't. It hurts more to take it then not to, so the moment I get it, I'm giving it to the orphanage so they can give it to any of the children that need it, then canceling the orders. Don't worry, I know how to not over work my lungs."

"OK, I believe you. Do you know how much longer you have in here?"

"I get out tomorrow. All my stitches are done, and I've regain my strength."

"Oh, that reminds me, why'd you do this to yourself? I told you to never do it again and to get rid of that blade stash!"

Then I heard words that pierced through my heart.

"..... It was because of you, but also because of me."