Lucy's Preface

Blood. 

Cuts. 

Hurt. 

Bruises.

Blood!

Cuts!

Hurt!

Bruises!

He hasn't sopped since I was 6. I know... Young. But that's when my mother died. Not just by sickness, car accident, or any accident. She was murdered. By who? I don't know. My father came home one day and found her on the ground with stab wounds on her and the knife right next to her. I was at grandma's house when this happened, so I didn't know, but he for some reason blames me for her death. Saying that I should've been there to help her.

Today was no different. I woke up and got ready for school. Luckily, Fairy Tail High didn't have uniforms, so I wore tight skinny jeans so they could conceal the cuts on my legs. Then I put on a tight long sleeve shirt with a baggy hoodie over it. They were all black as well.

I quietly walked down the stairs, careful to not step on the ones that creaked. It wouldn't help me today, because my dad was already awake, sitting in the kitchen waiting for me.

I guess, the only good thing about his abuse is that he doesn't speak. He actually went and got his tongue removed as punishment for himself. All he could do is roar at me as he did whatever he wanted with me.

He grabbed his bottle from the fridge and drank it quickly. He then pointed at where I needed to stand, and I obeyed. As I stood, I made sure to ignore everything, so if someone asked, I wouldn't remember.

Once he was finished, I walked outside and went behind the house where I kept extra cloth so I could stitch my clothes back together. Luckily, today he mainly knocked me around, so there weren't that many holes to fix.

I started walking to school, when I noticed that I was about to be late... For the 7th time this month. I started to hurry a little, but stopped at the gates, remembering that I'm the socially awkward nerd that no one cares about.

Remember your place Lucy. You're not meant to have friends. Not meant to be happy. And not allowed to love, so don't go falling for anyone. That's what I think to myself everyday.

I walked to my locker and got my things for my first class. That's when the unexpected happened to me. And boy, did that change my meaningless life upside down.