Is He Serious

A/N 🔑= Lucy. 🔥= Natsu

🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

He looked at me with a weird face, like he was observing me. I didn't show a phase and continued what I was doing. I shut my locker and walked away. I heard his footsteps behind me,  but I kept my face straight.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly.

"I'm just seeing if I want you or not." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, make your decision before I skip school for a week." I threatened. I wasn't really going to, because if my dad found out, I'd have to make an excuse for all of the scars I'd come with.

"Fine, then I made a choice." He said.

"Good for you, now please leave me alone." I said as I started walking again. I didn't get far though. He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. 

"I decided that I do want you." He said with a smirk. I felt my heart race faster than what it's used to. I felt blood rise up into my face, yet I didn't feel a blush. He looked at me, the let me go.

"Wow, is your face frozen into that one expression?" He asked. I thought it was rude, but I saw that he was asking in a nice way.

"No, it's not. I just taught myself to keep it like this."

"Why? I bet if you smiled then it'll make a difference."

"No it wouldn't. Happiness can get you hurt if you grow too attached, so I suggest that if you don't want a hole in your life, then don't try and be my friend, brother-figure, or boyfriend. Now, leave me alone." I said right as the bell rung. I turned around and walked off.

As I sat down in the back of the room with no on noticing me, the teacher pointed at the board which had a group project. Great. just great! Everyone was already in their little huddles, so I didn't even bother trying to get in one.

"You wanna be in a group with me? It doesn't seem like you know anyone else." The one and only Natsu said.

"Fine, but don't expect me to actually do stuff. I probably won't have time." I said. The truth was that I had plenty of time, but my father has some sort of grudge on take home projects so he'll tear it up and demolish it.

"Well I can't do this all on my own." He complained.

"Well, I don't know what to do then. Sorry, but unless you can find a place for me to work, then-"

"My place, tonight. We can start then. I'll wait at the gates for you to come out and you'll walk with me there." He finished. Was school and him really worth it? Is going to his house until at least 7 worth it? I'll just get beat up by my dad more. All the pain I'll revive. 

The scars

The blood.

The tears.

The cuts.

Was any of it worth it?

"Fine but I won't be here tomorrow." I said. I'll be to bruised up and beat to show myself here, so I'll just hang out in the bathroom.

"That's good enough for me. Here's my number. Hope you call me soon." He said with his smirk. Again, heart is racing, blood is rising, but I knew that I wasn't blushing, or showing any emotion. He looked disappointed.

"Wow. I thought that would work. Guess I'll have to try harder to get you to show some emotion!"

🕛Timeskip to lunch🕛

I got my water from the line and walked off. I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me. I slightly turned my head and saw him.

"Now what?" I said, trying to sound angry, but my straight face failed me.

"I want to get to know you, so I'm following you to where you normally eat lunch and joining you." He said. I growled in my throat, but let it go. I continued to walk until I reached the roof door. 

Crap! I can't let him see the stash of blades I have up here! I realized. I shoved the door open and ran up. He was close behind though. Once I got up there, I got the box with blades in it and tried to hide it.

"What's in there?" He said, some how managing to get right behind me.

"Nothing, now go sit down so I can put this away!" I said, actually fear in my voice, which he noticed.

"Well, I got your voice to change. So, whatcha hiding?" He said, reaching for the box.

Stupid Lucy! This is why your alone! Your horrible at keeping secrets, and your second biggest one is about to be revealed! Stupid, useless, dumb Lucy! I thought.

While I was in thought, he managed to take the box away from me. He had a smirk until he saw what was inside. I walked to the farthest part of the roof from him and sat in tears.

Why'd you let him know Lucy?! You had a potential friend, but not if he knows this! I thought in my head again as I cried. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw him sit next to me.

"Care to explain?" He said.

"It's just a habit. I like collecting blades."

"And you use then for...?"

"Nothing? What do you think I am?! A cutter?!" I said. He then pulled my arm. 

The truth was revealed.