His Friends

🔑

I ran and hid quietly. I watched as Natsu stood in front of the door, waiting for the people to come up. I heard the door creak open, and voices of laughter filled the air. Voices I didn't want to hear.

"What are you doing up here Natsu? And why do you look so tense?" I heard Erza say.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I heard Natsu say, taking a few steps back.

"We followed you here because we actually wanted to see you." I heard Gray say.

"Is your girlfriend here? I wanna see her again!" I heard the bookworm Levy say.

"Shrimp, you need to calm down about that." Gajeel obviously said.

"Honestly, where is she?!" Erza asked.

"I don't know. She could be anywhere." Natsu said.

"Then what's with the two lunches over there?" Gray said, pointing at our lunches that we left on the edge of the building.

"I'm hungry! Is that such a bad thing? Now,I think that you should-"

"I found her!!!" 

I looked up and saw Juvia staring right at me. I quickly got up and ran behind Natsu.

"Why is she so scared of us?" She asked

"Where'd you even come from?" Gray asked, looking shocked and scared at the same time. As they started talking, I started shaking. I grabbed Natsu's hand and he knew at that moment that I wanted to leave, so he simply walked to the door with me close behind.

"Why do you get so scared around them? They're good people.

"With the face of my father. They, like everyone else at this school, look at me with my father's despitefull face. I can just tell that none of them want me to live." I said. I looked up at him and he had a frown. One I didn't like to see.

"Why do you always forget about me?" He said, pushing me aside and walking away. I stood there, staring at the direction he went in. I ran out of the school and cried. I cried and cried all the way home.

Once I got home, I laid on my bed. I cried, not knowing what to do. Instead of being physically hurt, I was being emotionally hurt. It didn't feel right getting hurt one way. I had to get physically hurt to equal of out.

I got up from my bed, tears still falling down my face. I walked over to my closet.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And I remember how much I love the color red.