PART 13: Final Chapter (p. 2)

THREE MONTHS LATER

NORMANI

The first thing most people do when they wake up is blink their eyes a few times to adjust to the light.

But when Normani Kordei Hamilton woke up her eyes were already wide open, her mind is what had turned on.

The first person Normani saw was her ex wife, sitting on the right side of the bed looking relieved, and scared. The second person was her mother, who sat right behind Dinah. Normani could hear voices on the left side of her but she couldn't see out of her left eye.

It was just black.

Normani tried to wink but she couldn't feel her other eye at all.

"It's gone baby. It's glass." Normani's mother whispered. "The doctors said you were very lucky that she used a pillow and didn't just shoot you in the eye."

"I don't understand." Normani whispered. "What happened?"

"You've been in coma for three months. Lauren Jauregui, the criminal you allowed to live in your home without my knowing shot you in the face and knees. The officers are here because they're hoping you can help them find her."

"My knees?" Normani asked. She lifted her head and what she saw only made her scream. Though no audible noise left her lips.

Her right leg was gone from the knee down and she could not feel her left leg.

"Baby calm down so we can figure this out okay? I'm sorry." Normani's mother said. "I'm so sorry."

And just like that, bit and pieces of her memory came back to her.

She remembers when she told Lauren the truth. The whole truth about Camila.

She remembers Lauren shoving a pillow over her face before everything went black.

"Where is she?" Normani asked.

"We don't know." An officer said as she walked over to Normani's right side. "We need you to help us find her and we need you to answer a few questions."

"Shall we begin?"

Epilogue????

What do you think should happen next? Will Normani tell everyone the truth about Camila? Or will she go after Lauren on her own?