PART 7

LAUREN

TWO WEEKS LATER

LAUREN'S OFFICIAL RELEASE:

Lauren cannot believe this is happening. She is "finished" with prison. She's moving into Normani's apartment.

Lauren has been on her new antipsychotic medication for a week now. She seems to be responding well to the treatment. She also left the hospital with Normani to see the judge.

The judge is allowing Lauren to stay with Normani as long as she is corporative during every check up visit. Lauren has to take her medication in front of Normani, she cannot drive, or even travel alone for that matter. If Lauren violates any of these rules she's going straight back to prison.

As far as Ocean and Ismael the judge was not as generous. When Lauren's lawyer asked about Lauren being granted custody or steady visitation the judge laughed in her face. He asked Lauren if she honestly thought that she deserves to raise children she gave up. After everything she's done in and out of prison.

The judge said that as long as Lauren continues to come to his court house, she will never be given custody of her kids. Her children will be adopted. Until then she can visit her children whenever she wants.

Lauren's very upset about that. She wanted Ocean back at least. Especially since Ocean has been visiting her at the hospital almost everyday. They have to say goodbye for now. As for Ismael, Lauren has decided that she wants to meet her son. Even if he was just a little baby the last time she saw him.

Before they go Lauren and Ocean are in her hospital room playing with the white roses Ocean brought her. Lauren made her a little flower crown with the roses.

"Hija escuchar," Lauren said to Ocean as she pulled her into her lap "You know how you've been seeing Mama a lot more?"

Ocean nodded and smiled at Lauren, "Well Mama is going to start visiting you now. Twice a week okay?"

"Porque?" Ocean asked

"Because Mama doesn't have a house yet. And you can't stay with me until I have a home. Okay?"

"Pero....yo quiero tú Mama"

"Yo se hija" Lauren said holding back tears "But I will come back and get you okay? We'll live in a big house together I promise"

"Okay Mama"

"Te amo" Lauren said before peppering the baby's cheek with kisses "Te amo mucho"

"Te amo Mama"

"Lauren say something you've been silent since we left the hospital" Normani said breaking Lauren out of her recollection of what took place an hour ago. It's getting late and they're both quite tired.

"I-I guess I'm just in shock"

"That's expected. How does it feel to not be cuffed to a chair?"