PART 6

LAUREN

DAY 2 OF RECOVERY

"Are you sure I'm not asking for too much? An apartment might be unrealistic" Lauren asked Camila. The nineteen year old can finally sit up in bed with minimal pain.

"Adiós mío Lauren an apartment and independent living are two different things" Camila said "And you're eligible for mental illness benefits"

Lauren sighed, "Camz yo no puedo hacerlo" she said as she put the paper down in her lap "I'm going back to prison"

"No you're not Lauren. The next time you are put in handcuffs it will be so you can go to court and see a judge" Camila said and sat on the edge of her sister's hospital bed

"This is stupid Camila they aren't going to let me out!"

"Why would I lie to you? Hmmm? I'm your sister and you don't believe me. I would never lie to you-"

"You said you would never leave me. Remember when you said that after I gave birth to Ismael?" Lauren snapped

Guilt washed over Lauren when her twin's lip began to tremble, "You think this is my fault?"

"I told you a bomb that powerful was a long shot but you insisted"

"I made a mistake Lauren! I made a fucking mistake! What do you want me to do?" Camila cried tears streaming down her face

"I want you to come back!" Lauren cried "I want my sister back!"

"Lauren I'm not coming back! I'm not ever going to come back-"

"Lauren are you okay? You look scared dear" Dr. Keys said as she entered the room

By shifting her attention to Dr. Keys Lauren lost track of her sister. She quickly burst into tears, "No Camila! Come back"

"Shhhhhhhh it was just a nightmare" Dr. Keys said "Do you want me to get Miss Hamilton?"

Lauren nodded quickly and it was not long before she felt familiar arms wrapping around her and stroking her hair.

"You're okay don't cry. You want me to get the doctor? Do your stitches hurt?" Normani asked

"No! I want Cam-I want Ocean!" Lauren cried

"The warden told me she might be able to come visit you tomorrow okay? We just have to find somewhere for her to spend the night"

"Okay" Lauren sniffed

"Alright I don't like hearing you cry. Are you ready to speak to the warden yet?"

Lauren nodded into Normanis shoulder and pulled away, "Can I stay with you?"

Lauren watched as Normani's dark eyes studied her. She's clearly shocked, "W-with me?"

Lauren nodded, "I won't do anything I promise"

"Where's this coming from?" Normani asked before brushing Laurens hair out of her face 

"B-because y-you're an officer so if I were to stay with you I would be under professional surveillance........I think the judge would say yes"

"What about Ocean?" Normani asked

"I could visit her. I know they aren't going to let me have her" Lauren said

"But what if they did? Would you want Ocean to stay with me as well?"

Lauren shook her head, "Forget it that's too much to ask I'm sorry-"