PART 13: Final Chapter (1)

LAUREN

"I will meet you one mile from the children's center with your daughter at four o'clock in the morning. Please don't be late" Ty said as she sat down on the ground in front of Lauren. They're sitting in the playground where no one can see them.

"I won't. But I hope you know that if you try to run away with my baby or harm her in any way, I won't stop until you're dead"

"Yeah...I know. When can I have my money?"

"As soon as I get my daughter" Lauren said making Ty frown.

"You have to give me at least half of it now" he whispered.

"I have these" Lauren said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out an envelope. "Three tickets to Singapore"

"My sister was the only person I could trust...she's gone now. But I'm putting some trust in you because we both just want to get out. We want to keep the only ones we have safe"

"Thank you" Ty said as he took the envelope. "So I guess I'll see you in three days."

"See you in three days."

NORMANI

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Hi babies!" Normani said as she entered the living to see her daughters cuddling on the couch.

"What're you doing out here so early? It's only six o'clock"

"We were watching television with Lauren. She just got back"

Normani raised an eyebrow in confusion. How could Lauren have just gotten back? Back from where?

"What're you talking about? Back from where?"

"I don't know" Ava said. "Audree had a bad dream and we were going to get you but Lauren came in and we watched tv with her until she went to bed."

"She came through the front door?"

When Audree and Ava nod Normani walks into the kitchen where she keeps the spare key in a cutlery cabinet.

The key is there bright as day. If Lauren has been leaving the house at night, why does she come back?

Something is not right.

Maybe Lauren does need to go back to prison.

******

"Are those transfer papers?"

Normani jumped when her co workers familiar voice was suddenly right behind her. "Jesus Arin don't creep up on me like that."

"I'm sorry i'm sorry" Arin said quickly. "Things aren't working well with Jauregui?"

"I can't look after her psychological needs properly. She needs doctors" Normani lied as she continued to write things down. "If I finish all of this today she'll be back here tomorrow night"

"Damn it's that urgent?"

"Yes very." Normani said

THAT NIGHT

Normani chuckled as she watched Audree and Ava brush back Lauren's long hair while she finished Lauren's forms at the kitchen island.

"You're like rapunzel Lauren."  Ava said.

"Really? Isn't she a princess?" Lauren asked.

"Yes just like you." Audree said.

Lauren giggled, "You two are my little princesses."

Normani insides chrunned at Lauren's words and she began to fill out the forms faster. Lauren needs to get the fuck out of her house.

"Mommy can we do your hair now?"