PART 10

NORMANI

Though Lauren moving off of her chest woke her up, Normani decided not to move and let Lauren leave her room.

Normani heard Lauren's familiar whimpers and sniffs and knew the girl was crying again. But Normani did not follow Lauren because she needs to give her space.

Normani took everything that Lauren could potentially harm herself with out of the room, so she doesn't worry and goes back to bed.

TWO HOURS LATER:

"Mommy we made you and Lauren cereal Mommy," Ava said.

Normani sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, "What did I say about going into the kitchen without me?"

"B-but we wanted to do something nice for Lolo." Audree said

"That's very sweet baby, but I don't want you two to hurt yourselves okay? You could've just woken me up" Normani said as she stood up and lifted each of her daughters into her arms.

Normani got the girls settled and poured each of them a glass of orange juice before checking in on Lauren.

The sight broke Normani's heart, Lauren was asleep but she was lying close to Camila's urn, clutching the box. Lauren's hair is so long Normani almost didn't notice the scratches on the side of Lauren's neck. They looked accidental but Normani knew better.

Normani let Lauren sleep and ate breakfast with her girls.

"Mommy do you love Lauren?" Ava asked.

Normani nearly spit out her coffee, "Why do you ask that baby?"

Ava shrugged, "I want Lauren to stay."

"I know you do but I don't have to love her for that to happen. As long as Lauren wants to stay that's fine."

"Good morning," Lauren said quietly as she stepped into the kitchen in a large t shirt and shorts.

"Lauren!" Ava said. "Sit next to me! We made you cereal and poured you milk because you like milk!"

"Thank you, I do like milk. You two know how to brighten up my morning" Lauren said as she tied her long hair up in a ponytail

The twins flashed Lauren their famous "We know we're cute" smiles, making Normani chuckle with embarrassment. "Let Lauren eat in peace babies"

"We are! Here Lauren you need a spoon," Audree said as she handed Lauren a soon. "Now you can eat!"

"Thank you baby. You know I love Frosted Flakes"

"Mommy doesn't like them because they have too much sugar but she eats ice cream" Ava tattled.

"Oh my goodness girls why don't you go play upstairs?"

"Nooo I want to stay with Lauren" Ava said.

"Do you guys have school today?"Lauren asked

"No"

"Oh Mommy misses school for you guys" Normani mumbled.

"Normani are you still working?" Lauren asked.

"I go back tomorrow. Why?"

"Do I have to come with you?" Lauren asked.

"No not if you don't want to. But, if you stay here you have to stay in your room and I have to lock the door. I'm sorry I know it sucks but that's the rules" Normani says watching Lauren's face fall.

"It's okay. It's nothing unfamiliar to me." Lauren said.

"Can Lauren take us to school?" Ava asked.