PART 5

NORMANI

Never in her life has Normani witnessed someone come so undone in a matter of days.

Dr. Kelly is still in recovery and hasn't been here to correctly create a solution to Lauren's behavior.

Normani does not know exactly what is going on with Lauren but she can clearly see that Lauren's regressing. She's not okay. She's given up. The Lauren she saw last week was excited to see her daughter. She had hope. And now Laurens the exact opposite. She doesn't care. Lauren attacked a guard yesterday. She's going to lose her privileges if she does it again.

The medicine Lauren needs has not yet been approved by the forensic psychologist. So Lauren is suffering.

The worst part is that the warden is aware of this injustice towards Lauren and she's still allowing Lauren to visit Ocean tomorrow. If anything happens at that visit Lauren will never get out. The warden is also fully aware of this. This is what she feels Lauren deserves. According to her religion Lauren has sinned in almost every way.

This afternoon Normani's having a little meeting with Lauren. Audree and Ava are joining her at work, Lauren can't be in contact with the children during work hours but during lunchtime everything is at Normani's own risk. Audree and Ava are going to stay in an office with Arin while Normani talks to Lauren. Though Normani trust that Lauren won't hurt her girls.

"Mama says that you're taking us to see crazy people" Ava said in the car while Normani drove

"Well that is not true and Mama should not have said that. It's mean" Normani said with an eye roll

"Can we go inside the cells like last time?" Audree asked

"If you don't tell Mama yes, but I don't think you'll do that" Normani said knowing the lecture from hell she'd get from Dinah if she did that again

"I will" Audree said "I like your job Mommy I want to do it"

"You do?" Normani asked "Don't tell Mama that either. How is Mama by the way?"

"She's good. She still yells though"

"That sounds like Mama"

"Mama has a girlfriend now" Audree said "Her name is Zendaya"

"Oh really?" Normani said grateful that she was driving at the moment "That's interesting. Did Mama say not to tell me?"

"No" Ava said

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent aside from bickering in the back. When they arrived at the facility Normani led Audree and Ava to the break room quickly before heading upstairs to Lauren's floor.

Lauren was in the her room laying on the floor face down. This is the fifth time Normani's entered her room with her like this. She could hear Lauren crying.

"Lauren honey. Why are you crying?" Normani asked as she put her folder on the floor quickly before crouched down beside her body.

"What happened-" Normani cut herself off when she realized that Lauren wasn't crying, she was laughing.

Lauren lifted her head and sat up. Her face inches away from Normani's before she started laughing again. The sound was melancholy and lifeless, Normani swore she could hear her own heart beating.

"Oh Mani Mani Mani......am I scaring you?" Lauren asked with a smirk. A twinkle in her green eyes

"Lauren I want to talk to you"