PART 12

Guys I am so sorry. I'm not going to lie, these past few weeks have been very hard. I feel very lost.
I thought i was past all the suicidal and mental illness stuff because i forced myself to believe I made it all up but i didn't. I'm struggling. I'm sick, and I'm a victim. And I'm trying I'm really trying but sometimes I feel like i'm trying for a dead girl. Sometimes i don't see a point in any of this. My own mother even  told me she did not want me.
I've been really overwhelmed with school but i have a bit of a break which is why i decided to keep writing. I really want to finish all my stories. I have one other one that i just plan on posting completely finished.
I'm trying that's all i can promise you all.
I love you

NORMANI

2:00AM

Normani slept through her phone ringing about five times before she finally sat up, making Lauren, who was sleeping on her chest whimper.

"Shhhh" Normani said as rubbed Lauren's back with the hand that wasn't holding her phone.

"Arin it's two o'clock in the morning this better be an emergency" Normani whispered tiredly while playing with Lauren's long dark hair.

"Ally's dead"

Normani wishes she didn't have to look at Lauren after hearing those two words.

"W-what-"

"She fell backwards off of a chair in the kitchen and crushed her skull . It happened hours ago. Her husband just found her body, says that he just got back from a business trip"

"Oh my gosh. What's happening now? Is there going to be an investigation?"

"No. It was ruled as an accident. Ally always use to tell us how she has...had to stand on chairs to reach things in cabinets"

"We have to do something for her husband and family"

"Yeah....you know what this means though?"

"What does it mean?"

"You're the warden"

"Really Arin? We're talking about this now? I'll call you in the morning" Normani said before hanging up.

"What happened?" Lauren whispered

"The....the warden died a few hours ago"

Normani couldn't see Lauren's reaction due to the lights being shut off in her room.

"You don't sound upset" Lauren said.

"I'm in shock. This changes everything" Normani said. "Are you still tired?"

"No" Lauren said. "And i don't think you are either"

"No i need to wake up. I'm gonna watch something scary. Would you like to join me?"

"Yes" Lauren said. "Thank you for letting me sleep here"

"No probem Lauren" Normani said as they left her room.

Though Normani knows that's it's impossible for Lauren to have killed the warden while being locked in her apartment, Normani feels uneasy.

Ally uses a chair all the time. Now she slipped and bashed her skull open?

Something doesn't seem right

LAUREN

Everything is going right.

The warden is gone, and now Lauren can see Ismael.

Normani is going to be at work until nine o'clock tonight. Lauren just needs a car in order to get to her son.