PART 2

DINAH

"Oh my gosh Ava that's enough" Dinah said over her daughter's crying. On and off Ava and Audree have been crying for Normani for forty minutes.

"You both are gonna go to timeout if you don't stop" Dinah warned "Get in bed and stop it so I can read a story"

"I want Mommy!" Audree cried

"Why? What's she doing that I'm not?" The frustrated twenty-five year old asked

"Mommy!"

Ding dong

"If you two are not in bed when I come back you're getting pao pao" Dinah said before she went downstairs to open her door. It was Normani.

"Can you put the girls down please?" Dinah asked close to tears "They don't want me"

"Did you give them milk?" Normani ask as she puts the girls's bag of clothes down by the door

"No they're four they don't need milk to go to bed! Audree has the elephant and Ava has that blanket"

"I give them milk before they go to bed and then I read them a story," Normani said "They aren't crying because they don't want you. They're crying because they want their milk"

"You know they're too big for that" Dinah said

"I don't see any harm in it, it's not like they wet the bed. It relaxes them. When they're five we can switch to tea or something" Normani said as she followed Dinah to the kitchen

"Yeah okay. Are we good for Wednesday? You'll pick them up from school?" Dinah asked as she filled two sippy cups with milk

"I wanted to talk to you about that actually. This week...I'm not sure if you're still familiar with my cases but Camila Jauregui is being given the lethal injection on Friday. It's going to be really hard on her twin sister and myself. I don't want to have the girls when I'm not my best"

Dinah rolled her eyes as she put the cups in the microwave, "So you can't take care of your daughters because you're going to be playing grieving mommy to a criminal?"

"I don't expect you to understand"

"But you expect me to watch our kids on your days? I have them this weekend too you know"

"I know I'm sorry"

"I can get them this weekend and keep them until Wednesday if you want"

"No! We can't keep on changing the schedule, it just confuses the girls"

"I don't want to argue with you. My mother has been asking for the girls. She can pick them up on Wednesday and I'll visit"

"Alright fine. Do you want to say goodnight to the girls?"

"I shouldn't. Ava will cry when I leave. Goodnight Dinah" Normani said before walking out the kitchen

"Goodnight Normani"

NORMANI

THE NEXT MORNING: