Separation

Hi peeps... Sorry couldn't reply to your comments. Due to some technical glitch, I wasn't receiving any notis. Sholly.. 🙏

Prabhas: you jerk. I couldn't have complained against you for my cousin's prestige. But now you need to be behind the bars for attempting to murder my wife. You fucking moron.

In the hospital,

It had been four hours since she was brought to the hospital.

Sweety opened her eyes slowly. She kept her hand on her abdomen and remembered the incident that took place in the morning. She cried her heart out.

" My baby, I couldn't save you. I proved to be the worst mom. I don't deserve to be a mother and neither a good wife. "

Arun entered the room.

" Arun, where's Prabhas? Did you inform him? "

" I did Sweety. "

" When? "

" 3 and a 1/2 hours ago..."

" Why isn't he here till now? Is he angry with me? "

" No..No..Sweety, he must be busy with the legal procedures in police station. "

" Has he called after you informed him. "

" Sweety...Ummm..Actually..."

His phone rang.

" Look he called. "

Sweety gave a faint smile.

He picked the call and went to some distance to talk to him. He came back after 5 mins.

" What happened Arun? What did he say? When is he coming here? Why do you look tensed and worried? "

" Sweety, he asked me to drop you to your home. "

" My home as in? "

" To your parents. "

" He's angry with me? I know he's. He should be. I broke his trust. Helped a criminal and I got this as a punishment. "

She started sobbing. He tried to console him but no one could understand her inner turmoil.

After two days, she and Arun left for Bangalore. Prabhas didn't come to meet her within these days. She tried his no. But he didn't receive.

After reaching, she called his mom. She picked up.

Sweety:  Attaya, please make him speak to me. I'm trying his no. he isn't picking up. Plz Attaya.

Attaya: don't call here again. Or else I'll block you. Stay where you are right now. No need to come back.

She hung the call on face.

" This was my importance in that house? Till I was bearing a baby inside me everyone treated me as their daughter. Now I'm as good as an outsider to them."

She sobbed whole night as she did for two freaking days.

There Prabhas had locked himself in his room. He didn't ate anything for two days. His eyes were swollen because of excessive crying. He even started smoking and drinking.

" I have lost my everything. My family. I don't know what to do and what to say. I don't know whom should I blame for this. Sweety? Yes, she tried to deceive me. Hadn't she done that, our baby would have been save now. But I think there's a mistake on my part too. I was the father. I was supposed to protect my baby. I could have saved him if I wouldn't have diverted my attention from her to Kumar. "

He was in trauma, in a disturbed state of mind. He was fighting with his thoughts.

" Why is she calling me now? Did she even thought of letting me know where she was going at that time. We had a deal. She would not go anywhere without letting me know in those months. But she didn't bother. Now she's calling me for what? To cry?  I have had enough. I can't take it anymore. "
.
.
.

She was dying inside. She sobbed and sobbed. Now no tears were left to be released. She didn't give up to reach him.

" Please pick up the phone Pabsu, I know you are angry. I did break your trust. I'm repenting now. I have already lost my baby. I can't lose you. Please.."

This continued for around a month. One day she was sitting in the garden bench when postman came to deliver her a letter. She received it. Found the address on it. It was his address. She was happy, atleast she got a response from them. But why letter?  She thought. May be he wasn't comfortable to talk over phone. But he could have texted me instead. She opened the cover immediately. Her eyes widened to find the content.

" Divorce papers? "

Thanks for reading and sholly in advance 🙏