| Livin' Lavish |

I'm a bit perplexed, at the moment. I stared down at the mail in my hands, walking slowly through my apartment as I read the send address with a stern glance. I've been writing-or trying to write-to Selina Kyle who apparently fell of the face of the earth following my father's death. I just had some unanswered questions I needed the answers to and only she could provide them.

I sighed gruffly, throwing the papers on top of the island countertop as I then dropped my keys on top of the stack. I opened the fridge to get a drink after. It was hot outside, the sun literally emitting rays of death amongst Gotham's inhabitants. It was rude, to say the least, especially since all year long it's rainy and rather cold. Now, July comes around and Mother Nature wants to have hot flashes.

"Glad you're here, I was just about to call you." I suddenly hear the voice of James, who makes me jump as he comes up behind me. He pecks my temple and walks ahead of me to the papers on the island.

I gave a weak smile, sipping my lemonade as I checked him over. He wore a white fitted tee shirt and fitted jeans, which made my mouth turn upright.

"What are you wearing?" I ask in disbelief as I suddenly became sweaty at the sight. He turns his head to the side a bit, his smile turning goofy as he answered me while looking back to the mail.

"I haven't been outside yet."

I pass him with a smirk, hitting his back lightly as I ventured into the bedroom and to the master bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, my freckles on full display as of late due to the sun. My hair an almost bleach blonde framed my face in messy waves. I liked the change, in all honesty. The cut and color fit me well and almost made me feel new. I needed to feel new following these past events.

I took off my engagement ring, looking at it briefly before setting it down on the ceramic dish. I continued to wet my face and wash my hands as I tried to calm myself down. I had some important things to do today and I was nervous about it. I would be doing some wedding planning along with some meetings up at Wayne Enterprise pertaining to some business deals.

I dried my hands and face with a hand towel, blowing air from my cheeks before trudging back into the living area where I saw James now in shorts. I nodded in acceptance at his decision as I grabbed my house keys once again. I turn now to see my fiancée standing with his hands in his pockets. He watched me and I looked away in awkwardness.

"What are you staring at?" I mumble and turn my face to his where he lazily smirked.

"Just admiring. Thinking how lucky I am,"

"-you're absolutely right." I reply sarcastically, chuckling curtly before pecking him on the lips and turning with a smile.

"Remember, we've got the fundraiser to attend tonight. Seven sharp."

I stop suddenly, my hand idle on the front doorknob as I turned with a comical smile.

"Of course, how could I forget?"

"Well you did, being that you haven't been freaking out about what you're wearing."

I force a casual smile as my anxiety kicked in.

What the hell am I going to wear?

"Okay, you got me there. My fault, I'll find something nice-no worries."

*

I sat on the floor in my closet, close to tears. A plethora of dresses and blouses were scattered in a materialized mess around me. I looked at the time on my watch as I took a deep breath.

"Babe, we've got an hour so I figured we could get something-what are you doing?" James begins casually before surprise takes it's place in his tone.