| Blue |

"Uh...Miss.Wayne? We're going to need a statement from you."

I sat on the hospital bed in Gotham General, the lights absurdly bright above me as I stared at nothing in particular. My heels absent from my polished toes as I sat, still in my ripped dress and smudged makeup.

"I know this is a hard time for you. If you feel more comfortable, we can contact commissioner Gordon to get your statement."

I look to the officers, dressed cleanly in their uniforms. Their badges a bit too shiny for my liking. Rookies.

"That's not necessary." I mumble, my mouth dry from the absence of any fluid.

"I'll give my statement to Gordon myself. I need a moment to breathe. Please, have some fucking decency-" I begin, my voice growing loudly as a distorted Gordon enters the room.

"You're free to go, I'll take over." He says, nodding at the two young men as I wipe at my puffy eyes.

Gordon closes the door, walking over as he sat down in the seat in front of me.

"Are you ready to talk about it?"

I close my eyes, Brent's rough touch still prancing along my delicate skin. I couldn't shake the feeling of fear from my body, the disgust.

"He...he tried to take advantage of me," I begin, my voice sounding unlike my own as I wrapped my arms around my body.

"Who?" Gordon presses carefully, leaning forward with worried eyes.

I shook my head as I tried to keep myself from crying again, my body shuddering as I began to sob.

"Ronnie, we know what that bastard did. He's not leaving Arkham, I promise you. He crossed the line-" he begins before I shake my head rigorously.

"No-no! He didn't hurt me, Joker did not hurt me." I cry as Gordon sighs.

"I'm not sure what he threatened you with, but you don't have to lie to me Veronica. You can trust me. He's going to get what he deserves."

My eyes flicker to the door, where knocks are heard. Gordon frowns and looks to the ground.

"Veronica. I need you to tell me who attacked you."

I try to catch my breath, my voice hoarse from crying and screaming. I tried to calm myself, to be able to tell Gordon who did this to me.

"Brent Hill."

"Wayne, Jokers prints were all over the murder weapons. His bullets were in Brent's body; his whole clip actually. Look, I understand you don't want him after you, I get it. He deserves to be tried for what he's done-don't hide in his shadow-"

"-I am not, and would never hide in anyone's shadow! Why would I lie?! I was almost raped, and you're telling me who the person was who did it? Are you kidding me right now!?" I scream as Gordon stands, placing his hand softly on my shoulder with a weak smile.

"I just want justice for you. I want you to be okay."

With a shake of my head, I let out a low sob.

"I'm never going to be okay."

-

"I find your decision actually offensive, Miss.Wayne-"

"-and you are entitled to feel that way. I, in contrast, have the right to make a decision on my behalf."

Lucius Fox gives a heavy sigh as he shakes his head at the Detective.