| Surprise |

"How much for that?" The husky man asked, his index finger pointing to me as I sat comfortably in the all black mustang. I rolled my eyes at his question, spitting a harsh "too much for you" at the idiot.

The mans lip quivered at my response, his hand turning onto a fist as J erupted into laughter.

"Ooo, aaah, god, Zeeeee. You really get me going. My, uh, lady-she isn't for sale." He grins, his theatrical plum coat swaying as he spoke dramatically.

"C'mon,J. Look at her, she ain't nothin' special. You got a buncha broads. Let me in on the fun." He pries, causing me to unbuckle my seat belt, causing J to look back with a knowing glare.

"Why couldn't you just shut up-" He mumbles lowly, but I could hear him clear as day as I tried to walk close, my arm being grabbed by Twitch with fearful eyes.

"Missus, Zeenus is intimidating. Please don't,"

"T, really? Look at the guy you call boss!" I exclaim as the burly man begins to laugh.

"No wonder she's not on sale...she's got fire. Aye, J, is the sex just as good as-"

I jumped at the loud sound of a gun going off, Joker slowly turning to meet a now pale me. He gives a small smirk and wink before turning back to the three vans and call men to the man named "Zeenus".

"As you can see, I don't tolerate disrespec-t. I'm your boss, and this will always be my city. My rules. Tread carefully, boys..." he walks around the now limp body of Zeenus, the blood slowly but surely oozing from the bullet hole between his eyes.

"-see her?" He suddenly says, his tone dark as he points behind himself, his body slowly turning to meet my gaze.

"-she asks you to jump, and you'll reply with 'how high?' "

-

I was reminded that there is a god above upon the realization that the cut to my mouth was not permanent. There was a small white scar which was barely visible, and I could cry out of happiness.

With confidence, I waltzed out of my apartment bathroom, going straight to the man who did it with pride.

"You thought you could suck me into your sorrows, but I crawled on top!" I say loudly, placing my hands on my hips as Joker laid back on my couch, cigarette between his lips and a glass of scotch in one hand.

"Mmph," He mumbles, taking the stick from his mouth and blowing the smoke in a steady stream.

"Order some food, I'm starved." He huffs, the cancer stick sitting between two fingers as he pushes back his unruly curls.

"The last time I checked, your voice box was entirely in service. Also-" I reached over and snatched the cigarette from his slender fingers, moving quickly as I dodged his grasp.

"-no smoking in my new apartment."

I ran cold water over the cigarette, throwing it away after as he stood up and went to rest his silken maroon back on the window as he opened the window. With a toothy grin, he lit another cigarette and blew the smoke towards me.

"I'm by the window." He cheekily answers my glaring gaze as I slammed the kitchen towel onto the counter.

"You have no manners. Like a dog,"

He chuckles, raising his brows and the cigarette at me.

"Takes one to know one,baby."

"Did you just-"