[ Epilouge III ]

Jacqueline Rachel Wayne
15 years old
Daughter of Veronica Wayne & Jack Napier
"Oh my darling, it's true. Beautiful things have dents and scratches too".

 Beautiful things have dents and scratches too"

_______________________________

"Miss...Wayne?"

My eyes suddenly tore its way away from the book in front of me as my hands moved quickly, closing the book with a snap.

"Are you listening to the lecture? Or must I ask you a question to test your focus?"

Mrs. Williams gave a curt smile, one that was obviously laced with authority and ridicule. I sighed gently, my hand gripping the closed book as I tried to focus on the lecture. It was just so boring. Why do I have to listen to a lecture that won't help me in the slightest? I'm not becoming a mathematician...

"Miss.Wayne? Am I going to have to ask you to step outside?" Mrs.William's asks, this time in an exasperated tone.

I give a smile, one that crinkles my eyes.

"Am I going to have to ask you to stop boring on and on?"

-

I tried not to go to the principles office often, sometimes I just found myself there for no reason in particular. I was very opinionated, not like it was a bad thing. People just didn't like my explanations and opinions of things.

I braced myself once I saw my mothers slender frame turn the corner and down the hall towards me. I averted my gaze down to my shoes, the clicking of her heels becoming amplified each step she took.

"Jacqueline Rachel Wayne-" She seethed lowly at me, my lips curving into a tight smile as I tried to ease my punishment.

"Mom, it seems bad but it isn't,"

"This is the second time this week! There's no more excuses."

Both of our attention is pulled forward by the dean, who gives a curt smile and waves us over to enter his office.

"I see that you like my decor,Miss.Wayne." She states rather matter of factory as she sits behind her desk.

"What makes you think that?" I reply rather snakily, making my mother smack me on my arm.

The dean tries to hide a smile, leaning forward a bit.

"I am trying to be patient and careful with your predicament, Jacqueline. You have to work with me, here. I can't keep putting you back into class if you continue to be disruptive-"

"-I'm not even disruptive. Honestly, no one here likes when I voice my opinion or read something that they think isn't cool. I'm being targeted for being myself-how is that proper guidelines for school policy?!" I say loudly, my mother covering her face with her hand as she outwardly sighed.