• Recap •

PREVIOUSLY IN SEDULOUS ...
____

"So, what do you need me to do?"

"I want you to find whatever you can on this guy and dig deep. If you could potentially find out what his motive are, that would help us even more."

"I'm...with all due respect Gordon, I'm just a student. I'm sure your detectives can handle this just fine-" I say nervously and Gordon sighs.

"Please. We need someone as an outsider looking in. We need all the help we can get."

I swallow and sigh.

"Okay. I'll help but, only one condition..."

"-sure, anything."

"I would also like to be able to communicate with the Batman when needed. He must know everything we find in order to help us in the way we need him to."

Gordon looks conflicted but sighs.

"Okay, we've got a deal."

____

"Are you kidding me? You're seriously mad about me trying to live my life doing something I am passionate about?"

"I'm upset because you lied, instead of coming to me and acting like an adult."

"And say what?! Ask you permission?" I shout and he chuckles, clearly annoyed.

"You're so stubborn. Stop making yourself look like the victim, Veronica. You went behind my back on something serious. We spoke about you working at the GCPD and how dangerous it can be. I have to know these things." he says, raising his voice.

"What are you going to do?! What is so wrong about me working at the GCPD? I can handle myself, and I don't need an escort through every situation that comes my way!" I say just as loud and he shakes his head, clearly upset.

____

"There is nothing you could do, nothing you could possibly say to make this right-"

"-we did this to protect you-"

"-YOU DID THIS! YOU!" I screamed and finally rose to my feet, wiping my tear streaked face.

He stepped forward to try to embrace me but I pushed him away.

"All these years you watched me cry myself to sleep because I couldn't hug my mother goodnight, or tell her about my day. All these years you watched me be without...and you endured." I whisper, my voice cracking with severity.

____

"People don't care about order when the people they love are on the line. You give them an inch and they get so upset-that they run the mile without thinking." He huffs and breathes out deeply.

"What are you doing-"

"You...you were never apart of...this-" he waves his cuffed hands around in the air;

"-pansy scheme. You...you and I are the same. We are looked at as different. They aren't concerned with you or your findings. All you are to the GCPD is a pretty face they get to see everyday..."