| Reality |

My body tensed at the sudden feel of the cold, my hand reaching outwards to claim the soft duvet as I pulled it over my bare body. I tossed and turned, trying to go back to sleep when I realized the cold ruined any chance of that happening. I slowly opened my eyes, revealing an empty space besides me as I sat up slowly.

Looking at the time, I realized that I was up earlier than usual. The thick red numbers read 6:28 am, an indicator that something clearly was wrong with me. It took a moment for me push myself over the side of the bed and to stand. I grabbed my robe from a chair in the corner of the room, wrapping the soft silk material around myself as my feet padded softly against the wooden floor boards.

My eyes adjusted harshly to the sudden change in light as I reached my arm upwards, shielding the rays from my sensitive eyes until I could see clearly.

"J?" I call, my voice still laced with sleep as I spotted Joker on the floor, picking up the rose petals in bunches as he slowly released the grouping into the garbage. I looked around now, to realize that everything was clean. All of the petals and candles were out of sight, as the sudden smell of cleaner invaded my senses. The lavender smell was strong, my nose scrunching in a bit of distaste as I cleared my throat.

"Hey, leave that," I begin before he glares at me, his eyes bloodshot red as I stepped back in utter shock.

His gaze lingered a bit too long before he continued to clean what seemed like the last pile of rose petals. Then he just sat there, his torso clothed in a vertically striped black and purple dress shirt, as it was completely undone. His pants that theatrical purple shade, his socked feet seeming to clash strongly against his color coordinated attire.

"Are you okay?" I ask lowly as he hangs his head, low laughter slipping from his lips as the sound became louder. Goosebumps immediately rose at the sound, my heart beat accelerating at his tone as I gulped.

"God I have to kill you, I have to. I just have to." He mumbles and I begin to step backwards quietly, my eyes never leaving his slumped frame on the floor.

"You're messing me up. You're screwing with my head..." he continues as he reaches over, a haunting click resonating in the clean atmosphere as my heart lurched.

"The only way...the only way is...." He drawls out his last word, his tongue darting outwards as he slowly careens his neck to look at me.

With a point of his knife, he gives a sickening grin, "...through."

I turn then, seeming to trip over myself as I ran to the room-my body slamming against the door as I pushed it closed just in time from the mans prying fingers. I locked the door and began to panic, his hands slamming on the door before a loud crunch sound made its way into the space.

I looked back, to see that Joker was citing his way through the wood, his laughter oozing through the small space as I shook with fear. After a moment of him gripping and tearing away at his wood-his face was visible slightly as he rasped darkly,

"Here's Joker!"

-

I woke up with fear coursing through my veins, my body jolting up as a sheet of sweat coated my pale skin. My eyes darting to the left side of my room where Joker was buttoning up his shirt, a weird look on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" He drawls as I sigh, holding my head in my hands as I suddenly realized the T.V was on, illuminating the dark room.

I almost laughed to myself when I realized why I had that nightmare. The T.V was on low, the movie "The Shining" playing in what seemed like slow motion due to my sudden wake. Last night rushed back, and I felt my mind slowly catching up to normal pace.