Chapter 15

Trudging through a town with one sack across my shoulder and no phone. I didn't charge it nor was I planning to because I forgot about it. I was pretty uncertain on my whereabouts but up ahead was a gas station with a glowing sign above it, leading me to believe it was open thankfully. It was getting a bit chilly and dark outside so I quickly walked in to the store.

There were a couple of construction workers looking at some donuts when I opened the chiming door and they looked up at me. I give a tiny smirk and find my way towards the bathroom. Pulling out a couple of clothes to change into, the lights turn off. I panic a little because i was unsure if the employees were locking up (even though I just got into the bathroom) or if the electricity went out. I unlock the door and step out to a man in front of me. I scream and jump back, causing the man to reach out and try to cover my mouth. How many more times do I have to deal with the whole kidnapping dilemma? I swerve around his arm and rush towards the exit. The smell of a rust-like smell seeps through the air and into my nose.

Blood.

I frantically bang on the door to get out but it was chained shut from the outside. Someone must have come in through the back door but there was no way I would have made that because the man was already stomping towards me. I quickly glance at my surroundings and notice some bags of chips, gum packs, charging cords! Slipping to the left, I grab ahold of a wire and untangle it in hopes of wrapping it around his neck. He pulls out a pocket knife and my eyes widen in fear as he stalks towards me, leaving me with less time to act fast.

Who sent him?

I yell at him to stop but he only turns his head slightly to the right, acting as if english was never heard of. He lunges at my chest but I push left and he swings once more, slicing my arm with a very light cut. I twirl the charger around his throat and pull as hard as I could manage. He turns to grab ahold of my hair and pull me down. The unidentifiable man threw me against the glass doors and I bang my head into the long horizontal handle bar. I groan in frustration and he yanks me up by my waist, causing even more pain with the more pressure he applies. I scream and kick but he wouldn't budge. The man was more on the large side and had no hair. I was losing energy fast and I didn't know what else to do rather than let it happen.

"Ayla you better stop and be a good little girl like your father claimed you are." He tightens his hands around my wrists and I shake my head.

"My father sent you? No, why would he do this?" I spit in his face and twist in his arms. "I'd rather go to hell than even think of seeing him again." He wipes his face with one arm and punches me in my stomach with the other so swiftly that the blow knocked me out. I was on the ground, gasping for breath.

"What do you want from me?" I mutter coughing. He grabs my hair and makes me stand on my feet.

"I want your money." He flashes his disgusting teeth and bad breath hits me. I gag, squirming in his grasp. He keeps a tight hold on me and wraps a necklace around me. It felt more like a metallic belt than an actual necklace and he pulls out a button. I pull on the necklace but it shocks me.

A FREAKING SHOCK COLLAR? HE PUT THAT ON ME!?

"Nuh uh uh sweet cheeks, you're not going anywhere until I tell you. Right now, we're going back to your father so that I get my pay and then I'll let him free to do whatever he wants with you. Don't think I won't turn this up. Next time, it'll last much longer so don't test me baby." He puts a bag over my head and I lose my vision. I don't know where he's taking me but I'm thrown in a small compartment and a loud thump is heard.

He threw me in the trunk of course. I pull the bag off my head and look at my wrists. They're turning a bit blue because of the pressure he had on them. I look around to see if there's a little button or string to pull and open the trunk. I then feel a small shock go through my neck down to my body and I bring my hands up to my neck. There's no point of running if I want this off first.

The car ride felt long but we finally arrive. The man opens the trunk and pulls me out roughly. I look up to the modern looking estate and trudge along the gravelled path up to the door. My father swings the door open and grins devilishly.

"You found her! Perfect, amazing job Johnson. You'll find your award in my office but first unlock this weird dog collar you put around her, it's too much." He waves at my throat and Johnson nods. I hear a click and the collar falls down. I feel much better without being at risk of a shock going through me anymore.

"Alright Boss, I'll be heading towards the office now so see you in there with my money." My dad wraps his arm around my shoulders and brings me with him to his office.

"You did good. I'm surprised you found her. So where was she exsctly J,?" My dad sits down at his desk and folds his arms together.

"Why I was in this gas station near the woods and wanted some doughnuts. I noticed a girl running up towards it so I choked out the employee before shutting the power off. She put up a hell of a fight but here she is." He leans back in his chair, relaxed.

"I see, and by any chance did he shock you?" I nod my head slowly, not making eye contact with my dad and he blinks a couple times before speaking again.

"Interesting. Now, what was your job Johnson?" He raises his voice a bit and Johnson looks up at him bewildered.

"You said to bring her here unharmed which she is Boss, there's nothing wrong with her." He rants but my father opened a drawer and pulled out a pistol.

"Yes there isn't I can tell, but Ayla did you feel harmed at all?" He puts all attention on me and I gulp. I just stood there silently knowing this man's life was on the line. Unknowing what my father was capable of, I just shook my head and didn't break eye contact this time. He sighs.

"Don't lie." He stand up and shoots the man in the head.