Chapter 10

Where am I? I open my eyes to find a blinding light pointing directly at me. Can you say terrible placement of lights? I groan when I move a bit. Apparently, I was tied to a chair with some nasty rope.

Cliche.

The door swings open and my heart races. I quickly pretend to shut my eyes as if I didn't wake up yet.

"No need to pretend dear, we got camera installed to watch your every move." The man grits between his teeth and I feel disgusted. He then walks over to me and throws his hand around my chin, gripping it tight.

"Aren't you a dime?" I spit at his face and he takes a second to process what just happened. After he wipes his cheek, a hand swings towards my face and I flinch at the stinging sensation brought upon me.

"Try again." He ends up kicking me in the shin before exiting the room. Where am I anyways? Another figure enters the room and I keep my eyes glued to the floor, not daring to pay attention to the new set of eyes glaring down at me.

"Ayla." The most familiar voice speaks and in my mind, I knew who it was. No question about it, I know that voice. But I looked up anyways. There he was, in his gangster suit and tie with a Rolex strapped to his wrist.

"Dad." I scowl and he plasters on a frown and which was the fakest thing I've seen all day. He walks towards me and notices the red mark on my left cheek from his... employee?

"Did you do this?" He asks the guy and silently, the guy nods. Rey (my dad's name) punches him in the nose and the guy cowers back slowly.
"One more time, a bullet will go here." Rey taps
The side of the man's head .Clearly getting the message, he exits the room and leaves Rey and I alone.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I get my dad's attention once more and he looks at me pleadingly. It's quite ironic to me how I'm asking my dad why he kidnapped me from my kidnappers.

"Listen Ayla, I didn't have a choice. I needed you to believe what I was saying to you, and I wanted to make sure the guys you were with believed it too. Forgive me sweetie, but I will kill them and you will remain nameless to this community." He says and I stare at him speechless. Was he serious about killing my friends? Do I want to take their side over my father's? This wasn't going to fly but I know I have to go along with it.

"Okay." I cautiously glance into his eyes and I see his face. It looked as if a weight has been lifted off of his shoulders.I mentally roll my eyes and he begins to untie the rope.

"You'll stay in one of the extra bedrooms around the house, but don't do anything you'll regret because trust me. My men do not mess around when it comes to you. No one knows you're my daughter." He states seriously. I just nod my head because if I don't follow what he's saying, I might as well just let him kill me now.

I finally get the ability to stand up and I begin to see black dots. They start to fade away and I see clearer. I wonder how long I've been sitting in this chair now.

"How long have I been in here?" I ask Rey and he replies quickly.

"About five hours." I sigh and he takes me to my room. I saw some of the gang members while passing by and there was only one guy I thought was cute. What? I may be kidnapped but I know a hottie when I see one.

"This is it. You have your own closet and bathroom so you're fine until further notice. Carson here will make sure you get to where you need to go if ever necessary." Rey leaves the room and in enters who I assume to be Carson. He looked very mad but my guess is that he's naturally like that..?

"If you need anything. Just say." He grunts and I roll my eyes. He steps outside of the room and shuts the door. I squint at the door and walk over to it. As I try to pull it open, someone is holding it back.

"What's the deal?!" I shout and slam my hand on the door. Carson opens it finally and I accidentally end up smacking him on the chest.
He was clearly not expecting this since the second I did that, he grabbed my wrists and shoved me to the floor.

"If you need anything, let me know. You're not allowed to leave." He storms out with an emotionless expression, locking the door from the front. Looks like someone's getting paid minimum wage. I wander around the room and notice my phone lying on the bed stand. Now I can call Kenna to rescue me!

What were these people thinking, leaving my phone out in the open?

Idiots.

I quickly dial her number and it goes straight to voicemail. I try three more times and they all fail. I decide to call Greyson since he's probably the only one who can actually help and get me out of this mess.

"Hello?" A high pitched voice was at the other end of the line and I tensed up a bit.

"Um hey, is Greyson there?" I ask the anonymous person and they giggle.

"And who's this?" Smacks of gum are heard in the background.

"Greyson's friend. I need his help so put him on the line." I slouch on the bed and it felt as if everything Grey said to me in the kitchen was all a hoax. Why would someone as perfect and handsome as him like some no one like me?

"Oh, sorry. He's busy right now. Today is our day off so I'll let him know who's calling!" I can practically hear her grin and I roll my eyes, hanging up the phone. Looks like he can't help either...

I'm done with guys.

Considering those were the only two contacts I remembered, all of my contemplating took over the time to look at everything surrounding me. On the bed table was my phone! I don't even know how it got here.

"Hey, all good?" My lousy excuse of a dad had Carson come check on me.

"Oh, hi." I mumble with a shaky voice.

"I see you have found your phone. Looks like I didn't get rid of everything..." He glares it lying next to me.