Chapter 6

Pic above is Cade 💖

RECAP

"Kenna!" I pull the door open and hear a gun click.
________________________________

I stand there, frozen.

"Where did you get a gun?!" I whisper shout at Kenna and she drops it to her side.

"Did you really think I was coming here without defense?." She asks sarcastically and in comes Wyatt. He glances at Kenna and then the gun in her hand. He drops his banana that he was eating and glares at me.

"WHO IS THAT?" He yells at me and Kenna drops the gun altogether. Smooth Kenna. He rushes over to the door and picks the gun up. Kenna tries to grab it but he takes out the magazine before she can get ahold of it.

"This is my friend, Kenna. Greyson let me invite her." I fake a smile towards Greyson who came into the room at the perfect moment and Kenna stares at me in horror.

"Hi..." she mutters, incoherently. He shakes her hand and takes the gun to the office. Wyatt shakes his head and follows Grey all the way down the hall and leaves us.

"You're friends with them?!" I pull her to my bedroom and shut the door. Time for her to know it all.

"... And that's how I'm still here." She was crying from the middle of the story to the end and hugged me. I felt my eyes swell up because of the fact that my dad will never come back for me.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about this! We need to leave, who knows what your father will do to this place when he discovers this is their HQ!?" She grabs some toilet paper from the bathroom.

"Well, I live here now." I show her the closet and she starts to giggle. When Kenna giggles, something is off.

"Heh, you LIVE here huh? With a gang? Are you listening to yourself?" She yells at me and I tell her to shush.

"Do YOU realize that my dad isn't a father figure anymore? If I go to your place and live there don't you think your parents will be curious and ask why? I can't just say my dad went on vacation and then never leave! These people are nice - to me. You cannot go pointing fingers on my actions because as much as I missed you, this is my life now." I stare at her with blurry vision. I stand my ground but feel terrible for being so direct and rude to K.

"I'm sorry Ayla, I was just thinking realistically. What if this doesn't work out? I'll visit as much as I can, I promise." I smile but she can't do that. What if my father has someone follow her?

"No no, not everyday. If my dad's smart, my father probably has his minions tracking you." She widens her eyes and furrows her brows.

"What should I do?"

"For now, lets keep the visits once a week."

"Aside from that, how many hotties are under this roof with you?!" I laugh at that.
We go back downstairs for Kenna to formally introduce herself to the guys. After she meets them all, I could see she connected a bit with Wyatt. Kenna is 18, blonde hair, and a pretty tall frame for a girl. (Girls aren't generally tall so don't take this the wrong way 😂 I might stay 5'5!)

"Can I get your number?" Wyatt scratches his neck and Kenna turns behind to look at me. I wink at her and she silently squeals. Nobody sees it but I read her mind so I know. That makes sense right? They head off upstairs to watch some Netflix (heh) and I'm left with Steven, Cade, and Max in the room. Greyson was at a 'meeting' or something like that.

"So, do you guys want to go somewhere or..." Max turns his head to my direction.

"Like where?"