Chapter 12

"Hold on, did I hear you clearly?" I rub my eyes and lean on one leg, waiting for a clearer response.

"I. Am Greyson's. Brother." Is that clear enough for you?" He annoyingly says and it took me by surprise. They did look alike after all.  Why was Greyson's brother working for my dad? And since when did Grey never mention a brother in the first place?

"I'm guessing you didn't know Grey as well as you hoped, tragic." Damon replied coolly which makes me beyond frustrated.

No big deal, just wanted to stop by and say I'm you're kidnapper's brother! Is there a reason they don't work together?

I have too many unanswered questions. Why is this getting me so worked up?

"That's good for you but I don't really care, sorry." My dad sighs. He might think the way to make me open up about the guys back by Greyson's is by letting me get to know his brother. How shallow can these men get?

THERE IS A DEAD MAN LYING ON THE FLOOR OF MY TEMPORARY ROOM!

"Listen, Ay, I hope you know that Damon here is trustworthy. He knows you're my daughter and would not let a thing hurt you. He's like a son to me so please acknowledge him at your best behavior. He's important, just like you." This whole speech right now did not change my mind one bit. There is (I repeat) a dead man lying on the ground, a guy who for some reason didn't hesitate when I asked if he had a brother, and a father who was willing to throw me out the first chance I got in to escaping.

What a twisted life I deserved.

"Who's popping the champagne on this toast?" I make a popping noise with my mouth and cringe at the sight of the blood dripping slowly from the man's, I mean, Pete's neck. "Clean this up. I am not sleeping here anymore so if I don't get a new room in the next hour, I will make an announcement that I am your daughter to your employees dad. Let's see what's so bad about that." I storm out of the room, not caring to look back.

I wasn't exactly sure where I was trying to go but I knew it was going to be at least a long distance away from these vile human beings. Walking down some steps, there was a group of middle aged men talking about something at a very fancy looking lounge area.

"Please ignore my intrusion and I'm -, get back to whatever you were discussing. Thank you." I wave my hand in the air as a sign to forget my presence.

"No no, no such thing as an intrusion by our lovely guest." A man with ashy ginger hair and a small goatee walks up to me. He puts his hand out, intending for me to shake it. I weakly pull my hand out, hoping for him not to take me into a hug or anything creepy like that. The feeling of his rough, calloused palm was repulsive.

Come to think of it, how many people has he.. killed with that hand?

I shudder in pure fear and agony while imagining all of the ways these men in this room have possibly murdered someone in cold blood. The rustic smell of blood oozing from the cuts and holes made by these vicious outcasts.

I have to get out of here. I enter reality once more and back up slowly, towards the exit. "It was nice meeting you all but I was told to come back with some supplies for cooking some pancakes tonight so if you'll excuse me fellas."

I plaster the best smile I could hold up and some of the guys throw looks at each other while others just go back to sit down, patiently waiting to get on with their conversation I had to interrupt.

"Bye I guess and don't forget, I'm allergic to anything Pete likes." A guy towards the back voices and I chuckle dryly. That was a little too fake for me but they didn't mind commenting on it so moving on. Towards the door I skip, hoping not to cause anymore unnecessary meets with people I do not want to be associated with.

In fact, after today, I'm not going back to Greyson's. I'm going straight home to pack up for Florida. I'm moving to a different state for a fresh start. I will not be a high school dropout just because my dad got into the wrong field of business.

Successfully unlocking the door, I step outside to see where the hell I was about to go. First of all I should figure out where I am. It looks like this place was in the middle of nowhere but I could recognize a faint light in the distance swallowed by trees in its proximity.

Basically I saw something up ahead so I decided to go towards it.

No one questions my move at leaving so I stroll in the direction to my freedom but shortly after ten minutes of nonstop walking, a car pulls up beside me. It follows me and I begin to pace. Now I'm running what seems to be another five minutes before I enter the town ahead but the car zooms up, catching up to me.

Panicked, I try to be Usain Bolt and shoot for the moon but as we all know, I'm not the athletic type. I'd rather have you tune in every Thursday to my beauty guru channel buuut that ain't happening. I'm too lazy to even make one. Aside from beauty, I'm feeling pain adapting around my ankles and before I know it, I start slowing down and a figure walks out of the car towards me.

"Ayla!" A relieved Max rushes towards me and I cry out.

"Max, thank god. I thought one of the men from my dad's um, 'company' were out to get me. How did you find me?" I go into the car with him and we begin to drive back to Grey's place. Oh shoot!

I don't want to go back.

"Well we kind of put a ch-." I stop Max from finishing the sentence and grab the stick shift and put it to park. He flies a bit forward but his seatbelt saves him and he looks at me insanely.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He reaches to put it back into drive but I stop him.

"Max, I don't want to go back." I state calmly but harshly and he widens his eyes.

"What was that?" Max grabs a tissue from the backseat and holds it in his hand.

"I can't go b-." He rubs it over my mouth and nose, causing me to scream in fear. I try to hold in my breath and not let go but he pulls my hair back and I screech in pain.

"I'm sorry but this is the only way to make
you come back. Please forgive me." My vision blurs (I'm used to this by now) and everything starts moving in waves.

How did he find me?