Chapter 13

Nothing makes me more happy than watching The Courage the Cowardly Dog show with my best friend right next to me on a cold day eating Hersheys in her bedroom, enjoying chocolate milk with that.

Where did those days go?

Whatever Max gave me wasn't so strong that I blacked out but it was screwing with my vision hard. It was like I intoxicated a drug and now I'm hallucinating. Wherever we were going, it wasn't a long drive because it ended after three unicorns fell into a pond.

Hallucinations ..

"Get out Ayla." Max opens my door and I step out. My footing was awful for Max had to physically pick me up and bring me to the doorstep.

"Max, leave me alone I'm fiiines." I giggle and start to hiccup. I swear I feel I'm getting drunk from speaking. The door opens and Cade plasters a 'tf did you give her' face. Max sends him a 'don't ask' look and drops me in Cades arms. Greyson storms from his office to where we were and spots me in Cade's arms.

"What did you do to her?" Greyson stalks toward him and Cade puts his hands up without dropping me.

"Hey I just got her dumped in my arms by Max so I'm just glad she's not dead." He gives my lifeless body to Greyson and I begin to lose feeling in my mouth.

"Whash dih mash gih me.." I try to speak but I slur my words and Grey brings me upstairs too what seems to be his room and ooh girl it was beautiful. He plops me on the bed and I couldn't feel my whole face by then. I know my eyes shut involuntarily for it all went black.

The next morning I saw Grey sleeping right next to me and I shook him. Everything that happened last night started flowing into my mind like water and I groaned. What did Max put in me?! I slap Grey on the chest a bit too hard because he shoots up, scaring the water out of me.

"What?!" He stares me dead in the eye until realizing where we were. "Are you alright? I almost murdered Max for drugging you. He thought you were about to run so he intoxicated you basically." He rubs my back and I melt under his touch.

Leave me alone he's hot and likeable.

"No I'm fine but he was right. I did not want to come back. Think about the life I'm throwing away spending every second here and not out at football games and high school parties. Final exams happening, prom pictures, and so much more! I can't just throw it away and live some gangster life when I know I still have a chance to have a future." He nods his head and agrees with every word I said. Looking heartbroken, he gets up and goes to put a shirt on.

Nooo :(

"If that's how you feel, then we'll send you back to your dad."

"No! That's who I'm running from. Not just him though, this whole other life! I don't want to be a part of all of this. Would you want your kids growing up in a gang? NOT KNOWING IF THEY'LL MAKE IT ALIVE THE NEXT DAY WITHOUT SOMEONE WANTING TO SELL THEM TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER?!" I shout, on the verge of tears. I noticed I struck a nerve because Grey didn't look glad about that last sentence.

"What? You think I had a choice with this life?" His face turns red as he takes large strides towards me. I cower back in fear as my back hits the headboard. "Do you think I LOVE giving orders to hundreds of people to kill? I didn't want this life Ayla. So don't you think for a seco- for a lifetime that I want this for my future family. Hell, I don't even think I'll have one with where I'm going." He spews venom and I start to cry. I'm so weak when it comes to being yelled at because I'm always breaking down in the end or in the wrong.

"I'm- I'm sorry Grey. I didn't mean to get you riled up I just don't want this life." The only thing I thought was right was to apologize but I was just letting him win.

"I know. Who does?" He exits the room and leaves me on the bed, hoping to have some miracle happen where he isn't pissed off at me.

As much as I wanted to be free, this moment we had really impacted me. Greyson is not completely guilty. He was born into it. Grey doesn't want his kids to go through the struggle of dealing with all these bad people or guns, violence, death.

He's broken.

After what felt like an hour, I got up finally to take a shower. Black dots swirled my vision but then it cleared away. Getting my butt out of Grey's room, I scan if any guys were walking down the hall. No one was around so I scamper to my room to shower. Once I open the door, I could not believe my eyes.

Steven was sleeping in my bed with the blonde haired bimbo, Cassandra. He has an a expression that made me want to die of laughter but I couldn't form any power to let out a chuckle. The girl rises and she gasps. She glares at me, sending the vibe 'get the hell out of here right now' and trust me, it was received.

"S- sorry Steven. I just,." I don't bother to finish that. I leave. I wipe my eyes, chuckling and go downstairs, away from anything else. Cade was chilling on the couch with Wyatt and they catch me.

"Hey what's wrong?" Cade pauses whatever he was watching and Wyatt turns around to view my horrific image. I needed to shower bottom line. "You look dead?" Wyatt chimes in and I ignore them.

"Hello earth to Ayla. Your friend called, she wanted to know if she could come over tonight. She said something about bringing a cosmopolitan?" Cade says and I look up at him.

"Unnecessary. I'm going away and you can all forget about me."

"What are you talking about?" Wyatt stands up and walks towards me. He grabs my arms and shakes me. "Ayla you're not leaving."

"I don't want this Wyatt. I want out!" I get frustrated and he lets go of me. "This is unhealthy. You all are criminals living in a world where any minute you can die and I can't handle it." I start taking my built up anger out on these guys because I couldn't handle Greyson being mad at me in the first place. "First I get kidnapped to be bait so my dad can buy me back and then he kidnaps me to tell me that I was leverage to get to YOU guys! How is that for a father? AND THEN I COME BACK LIFELESS TO A GROUP OF GUYS THAT I DON'T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT BECAUSE I WANT TO LEAVE." I yell. I yell at the top of my lungs because I had a point and I don't care who didn't listen or who didn't want to listen, I said my peace and now I needed to go. Stomping to the door, I swing it open and state one more thing.

"Greyson's brother is working for my dad." I slammed the door and ran for the woods. I ran as far as I could to get away from them. I luckily didn't see any cars pull out from their driveway to follow me so I was pleased. They listened.

Now the one thing I need to worry about is where to go. I clearly need to find a gym or something to just use their shower heads or something and then head to...

Kenna's place.