Chapter 50 Second Task

Lindsay's POV

Ginny is still having nightmares and I keep trying to help her. I swear we are going to have so many scars because of this. I need to talk to Melody about this so she can pass the message to Carter but right now I feel sick. Harry doesn't look any better and we have the second task today. Neither one of us have been able to feel Ginny and Nathan in our minds.

We were touching each other as we eat in hope that our bond would help each other.  We just held hands so it helped. I was a bit worried about Nathan and Ginny. Hermione was missing too. Soon all of the students were walking to the Black Lake.

" Harry wait up," someone said from behind us.

We turned to see Neville, who caught up to us.

" Do you have it Neville," Harry asked.

" Yeah," Neville said handing something to Harry.

" How long does it last," Harry asked.

" A hour," Neville said.

Harry had opened his hand and I saw what Neville gave him. It was Gillyweed, which has a nasty. I had to use Gillyweed during my training to control the element of Air but I'm not going to warn Harry about the taste.

" Thanks Neville," Harry said.

We then continued walking to the Black Lake.

No One's POV

The champions had listened to Dumbledore as they waited to jump in as they were freezing standing in their swimsuits that represented their school or House colors, for the three Hogwarts students. As soon as the cannon fired the champions jumped or were shoved in Harry's case. Lindsay waited for her brother until after he transformed. Then the two Potters swam to the mermaid city and found what mattered most to them.

" Harry we have to kiss both of them immediately after we touch them. It will transfer my power to them so they can breathe," Lindsay thought to Harry.

Harry nodded. They touched their other half then kissed them. Soon they pulled away.

" You two can breathe," Lindsay thought.

Nathan and Ginny breathed. Lindsay smirked at her boyfriend then swam to his feet to untie him. Harry did the same with Ginny. The knots were tight so Lindsay and Harry drew their wands and pointed them at the knots.

" Hold still," Lindsay thought.

Lindsay and Harry shot a spell  at the knots and freed Nathan and Ginny. Lindsay put an arm around Nathan's waist and Harry put an arm around Ginny's waist. Together the two Potters swam to the surface with their hostages. They swam to the starting platform. Lindsay, Ginny, and Nathan were on the platform while Harry was in the water when there was a scream. Fleur Delacour had appeared on the platform and she was tryin to get back to the water but her friends stopped her.

Lindsay immediately took off her towel and dived into the water. Harry followed his sister back to the mermaid city. Cedric and Krum had gotten Hermione and Cho. Gabrielle Delacour was still there and together the two Potter siblings untied her. The mermaids swam at them ready to attack. Lindsay had her wand drawn and she fired a spell. The mermaids fled.

Lindsay and Harry were swimming to the surface when Grindylows attacked. Lindsay noticed Harry was transforming back so she pushed Gabrielle and Harry to the surface while she fought off the Grindylows.

" Get Gabrielle to the surface I'll be behind you," Lindsay thought to Harry.

Harry did so and swam to the surface. He reached the surface with Gabrielle, who freaked out a bit when the spell was off her but Harry calmed her.  They swam to the platform where Fleur helped them up. Ginny handed Harry a towel once he walked to where the Potters, Weasleys, Remus, Jones, Tonks, Sirius, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Jack, Lucy, Victoria, Emma, Jayson, and Amelia were.

" Where's Lindsay," Lily asked.

" She's still in the lake," Harry said.

And he was right. Lindsay was still fighting off Grindylows. She finally did a spell which scared off the Grindylows. Lindsay lost consciousness until she heard Nathan's voice. She looked at the surface and pointed her wand up.

" Ascendio," Lindsay said.

Lindsay ascended  out of the water and onto the platform. She was coughing as Nathan put a towel around her. Lindsay hadn't noticed the pain of her cuts that she had gotten from fighting the Grindylows. Since Lindsay and Harry saved their hostages first and rescued a hostage that wasn't theirs after they saved their hostages they got first place. Cedric was second, Krum was third, and Fleur was in fourth.

Lindsay's POV

Fleur came up to us as we were walking back to the castle. Gabrielle was with her.

" You both saved my sister when she wasn't yours to save," Fleur said.

" It was nothing really. We just did what was right," I said.

" Thank you," Fleur said kissing both me and Harry on both of our cheeks.

Gabrielle quickly hugged Harry. Then Gabrielle hugged me tight and buried her face into my chest. I was surprised at first until a hugged her back. I rested my chin on her head. 

" You zaved me twice. Zank you," Gabrielle whispered so only I could hear.

I kissed her head in a sisterly way.

" You're welcome Gabrielle," I said.

She pulled away from the hug and looked at me with a very bright smile. I smiled back at her as her and Fleur walked back to the castle. Nathan hugged me from behind and I winced in pain.

" I'm sorry Love," Nathan said.

" It's fine," I said.

Kara started crying in Mom's arms. Mom was trying to calm her down.

" Let me try," I said.

Mom gently placed Kara in my arms and Kara stopped crying.

" Looks like she just wanted her sister," Nathan said chuckling.

I looked at Kara who was smiling and giggling.

" You little stink," I said laughing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR!!!!!!! AND VERY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO CHARLIE WEASLEY WHO'S BIRTHDAY WAS DECEMBER TWELFTH!!!!!!!!!! 

This chapter is 998 words long in total.

Please vote, comment, and follow.

- GinnyWeasleyRules