Chapter 49 Figuring Out the Second Task

Lindsay's POV

It's getting closer to the second task and I haven't figured out the egg. Harry hasn't figured out the clue either. We were walking to the Great Hall for lunch with Hermione, Nathan, Ron, Ginny, Victoria, Jayson, and Neville when someone called out mine and Harry's names. We all turned to see Cedric, who was now caught up to us.

" Can I talk to you two," Cedric asked.

I nodded then looked at the others.

" We'll catch up," I said.

Me and Harry followed Cedric to an abandoned class room.

" You guys told me what the first task was. I recommend taking a bath with your egg. The air smells like pinewood," Cedric said with a wink towards me and walked off.

" What's that supposed to mean," Harry asked me.

" It means we're taking a bath in the Prefects bathroom tonight," I said.

" But we need the password," Harry said.

" I know it. Just stop worrying," I said before I headed to the Great Hall.

Later that night me and Ginny met Harry and Nathan in the Common Room. We all were wearing bathrobes.

" Are we ready to go," Nathan asked.

" Yeah," I said.

We walked to the Prefects bathroom under the Invisibility Cloak with no problems. Once we got there Harry looked at me.

" Pinewood," I said.

The door opened and we all walked in and took the cloak off. I took my bathrobe off since I was wearing my bikini and drew a bath for us. Once the tub was filled I turned all of it off. I step into the tub and wait for the other three to come in with their bathing suits. They got into the tub. We had Harry's egg with us so it was in the tub too. We were all looking at it when Harry thought it would be a brilliant idea to open it. It made a screeching sound. I helped him shut it and he put it on the edge of the tub. I looked at Harry.

" What the bloody hell were you thinking," I asked him.

Harry just shrugged and I rolled my eyes. Then I stood up and started to pace. Yeah the tub was really big. When I was turning to pace I saw something in front of me and I let out a small shriek and fell backwards into the water. When I surfaced I saw Moaning Myrtle. Now I had gotten to know Myrtle and she had gotten to know me over the years. Myrtle knew I wouldn't lie to her.

" Myrtle," I said smiling.

" Hello Lindsay. You haven't come to see me recently," Myrtle said sounding upset.

" I know. I've been busy," I said.

Then I came up with something.

" Myrtle you didn't happen to a boy with a golden egg in here did you," I asked.

" Yes I did. He put his egg in the water," Myrtle said.

" Thank you Myrtle. You were a big help," I said smiling.

" You're welcome," Myrtle said with a smile before leaving through a toilet.

Harry hands me the egg. We all put our heads under water. I used my powers to help Harry, Ginny, and Nathan to breathe.

" You guys can breath now," I thought.

The three of them started to breathe.

" You used your powers didn't you," Nathan thought asked.

" Yeah now let's listen to the clue," I thought.

I opened the egg and it was beautiful.

The clue sang:

Come and seek us where our voices sound

We cannot sing above the ground

An hour long you'll have to look

To recover what we took

An hour long you'll have to look

To recover what we took

You're times half-gone so tarry not

Lest what you seek stays here to rot.

We listened to the clue a few more times before closing the egg and surfacing the water. I quickly got out of the tub and ran to my bathrobe. I took out a notepad and a muggle pen. I wrote the clue down while Nathan, Ginny, and Harry dried themselves off.

" How are you not wet," Ginny asked.

" My powers," I said as I read the words I had written.

The words echoed in my head as we walked back to the Common Room in our bathrobes under the Invisibility cloak. Once there I plopped myself onto the couch and put my head in my hands.

" They wouldn't would they," I thought to myself.

" Are you ok love," Nathan asked.

I looked up and smiled.

" I'm fine mon Lion," I said.

" My lion," he asked with a smile.

" Would you prefer I called you mon loup instead," I asked.

" I think I would that way I can call you mon renard," he said and I laughed.

" Translation please," Harry said.

" I called Nathan my lion in French then I called him my wolf in French," I said.

" And I called her my fox in French," Nathan said.

" Anyway I'm going to bed so goodnight," I said before kissing Nathan and going to bed.

Once I got to my dorm I noticed a figurine of a fox on my nightstand. I smiled and went to bed. I heard Ginny walk in before I fell asleep. I was having an amazing dream about mine and Nathan's future until I suddenly appeared in the Great Hall. I heard a scream and ran towards it. I saw Ginny and some guy who was hidden under a hood.

Ginny looked scared and I figured out why. I ran at the guy but he ended up stabbing both me and Ginny. Then we woke with a start. I felt the pain and some blood on the place where he stabbed me but it wasn't a deep wound. Ginny had the same problem. I used my powers to get my bottle of dittany and helped Ginny then myself.

__________________________________________________________________________________

What is happening with Ginny?

Why did Lindsay end up in Ginny's dream?

Who is the hidden man?

How is it possible to be hurt out of a dream?

What will happen at the second task?

What will happen next?

This chapter is 1034 words long in total.

Please vote, comment, and follow.

- GinnyWeasleyRules