Chapter 43 The First Task

No One's POV

It was the day of the first task. Harry and Lindsay were picking at their breakfast. They were in their Quidditch jerseys. Lindsay had tried out for chaser the year before but became a reserve since Harry had talked to Oliver Wood to get her to be a part of the team. She had played one game and that game was against Slytherin.

" You both need to eat," Hermione said.

" I'm not hungry," Harry said.

" I'm not hungry either," Lindsay said.

" You both need your strength today," Nathan said.

Lindsay sighed in defeat and started eating.

" You should eat too," Ginny said.

Harry didn't want to worry Ginny so he started eating.

" Good luck you two," Cedric said.

" Thanks Cedric good luck to you too," Lindsay said.

Later Lindsay and Harry were in the champions tent. A small bag was passed to the champions to see what dragon they would get. Cedric pulled a small version of a Swedish Short-Snout out of the bag. Fleur pulled a small version of a Common Welsh Green out of the bag. Viktor pulled a small version of a Chinese Fireball out of the bag. Harry pulled a small version of a Hungarian Horntail out of the bag.

Finally it was Lindsay's turn to pick her dragon. Mr. Bagman held the bag out in front of her. James Potter was behind Harry and Lily Potter was by Lindsay. Lily and James were their kids supporters. Lindsay reached into the bag and pulled out a gold and silver dragon.

" That is a Golden Sharptooth," Mr. Bagman said.

" Alright Mr. Diggory will go first. Then Ms. Delacour. Then Mr. Krum. Then Mr. Potter and finally Ms. Potter but only when you hear the cannon," Dumbledore said as the cannon fired.

Cedric left the tent. Madam Maxine, Dumbledore, Igor Kakaroff, and Mr. Bagman left the tent to judge the champions.

Lindsay's POV

Finally I was by myself in the tent. Cedric had transfigured a boulder into a Labrador, which diverted the attention of the dragon long enough to grab his egg. Fleur tried to charm her dragon into a trance, which did work, but the dragon snored, which resulted to her robes catching on fire. Viktor used the Conjunctivitus Curse but the dragon thrashed around in rage and destroyed other eggs. Harry had used the Summoning Charm to call his Firebolt in order to tempt  the dragon to rise away from the golden eggs.

Igor Kakaroff hasn't been far with points. He gave Viktor good score even though the other eggs were damaged. I heard a distant roar of the Hungarian Horntail. I was worried until I heard a cheer. Soon there was an announcement of points.

I growled when I heard what Kakaroff gave Harry as a score. I heard my name and I walked out. I pulled my wand out of my wand holster. I didn't see my dragon yet.

" Accio Ocarina," I said.

Soon a tail came in my direction so I quickly moved. My Ocarina flew into my hands and I started to play.

The tune I played was something I remembered from when I was a little girl. When I was little I heard it once but I don't remember where I heard it but I would hum it whenever I was angry, scared, or upset. I don't know why I don't hum it anymore.