Chapter 40: Moving On

  I cried my tears out when the machine showed a straight line. The nurses made me go with Jacob outside and watch them revive Liam. But, they weren't successful. I've lost my best friend. Jacob comforted me by rocking me back and forth back to my room. I cried on his chest while he rubbed my back. 

  "Sam, shh, stop crying. At least, you know he left with happiness in his heart," Jacob said softly. "He saw you and he was happy."

  "I know Jacob but I can't believe he had let go," I sniffled. 

  "Don't worry, he's still here," he said. 

  "What? I don't understand," I looked at him then he touched my heart. 

  "He's in there, forever," he smiled. "Honestly, I've came to like that dude too."

  I punched him softly in the stomach, "I didn't even see you compliment him until now."

  "I'm so guilty right now," he rubbed his head. 

  "It's ok Jake," I hugged him and finally my tears stopped. "Thank you for everything Liam. Thank you for being my best friend and thank you for always being there for me. I will never forget you Liam. Never. I will always remember the favor you've asked. I'll smile for you, for myself and for Jacob. Thank you Liam. Rest well." I told Liam inside my head. 

  The next day, the news traveled to everyone in school that Liam was dead. I tried to hold back my tears and tell myself I had to move on. Liam wanted me to happy so I will try to keep that promise inside my heart and head. Everyone was so shocked about the news so they came to visit his funeral. Since most of the students in our school attended his funeral, the school had no choice but to excuse them. Katie, me and the others hung out in a milk tea shop after we attended the funeral. This was also the time when I told them about me and Jacob dating. They were all so shocked to hear the news but they were happy. They've treated me my favorite milk tea. Hokkaido Milk Tea. Delicious! Finally, I felt so free now that I've let go of my secret. When I got home, Jacob told me something I didn't expect.

  "We're going to visit my family tomorrow. I want them to meet you," he said.