Chapter 33: She's Important

  Jacob was standing in front of us. Liam still had my face in his hands when he suddenly kissed me on the cheek. I was very surprised of his action but I didn't hurt him instead I just inched away from him and stared at Jacob for a minute. 

  "Hey," Jacob said after he closed my door. 

  "Why are you here?" Liam said under his breath as he stood up from the couch. "You dare show your face in front of her. After you dumped her."

  "Look, you don't know anything so shut up and go home," Jacob replied. "Sam, please. We need to talk. I promise, I'll explain everything."

  "Go home," I said while my eyes were closed. "Go home! The both of you!"

  "But Sam," Liam said beside me but I cut him off. 

  "It's ok Liam, I'll be fine. Thanks!" I opened my eyes and gave him a smile. He went out of the house and dragged Jacob with him though Jacob struggled as hard as he can. 

  This time, I was flaring with anger so I shouted, "Get out Jake! Get out!" Then I went upstairs to my room and slammed the door loud enough so both of them could hear it.

~Jacob's Part~

  "Great, Weirdo Guy's here!" I said inside my head as he accompanied me on a bench. I gave him a hot cocoa I bought on a vending machine while I sipped my hot coffee. "What are you even doing?" I started. "I suppose she told you everything she knew."

  "Yes, in fact, yes she did," he said as opened his can. 

  "Look, stay out of this. This is—" I was cut off by him.

  "It's also my business! Sam and I are already dating,"

  It's like my world has been disarranged. My heart fell down, so I just managed to say, "What? When? She...agreed?"

  "Yes, so you have no more room in her heart," he said coldly towards me. 

  "Did she say that?" I was clinging for hope.

  He didn't answer.

  "I thought so, she still loves me. I know, and I still do too," I admitted. I can't believe I'm telling this to this bastard. "You can't take her away from me. She's important to me."

  "Oh yeah? Then why did you leave her? Why did you break her heart? Why did you have to let her cry?" he asked me. Each question was getting louder and louder. "Why did you have to let Sam suffer?"

  "It's the only way...that I could protect her," I said promptly. "You know what, I don't have time explaining all of these to you. I don't even know you that much." As I was about to leave him, he grabbed my arm and punched stomach. I jabbed my fist into his face but he dodged it then punched my face. Now, I was mad. I kicked his ankle that he fell down on his back so I boxed his face until small amount of blood came out of his mouth and that's when I stopped and stood up. 

  "Is that all you've got Hunter?" he yelled as he wiped the blood out of his mouth.

  "Sam's important to me. I can't lose her to you," I said determinedly. "I'm never ever going to hand her to anyone like you. She's mine and you're never going to get her."

  "Let's see," he smirked as he extended his hand. "May the best man win."

  I hesitated but I did it anyway. Sam's mine and I'm fighting for her. 

~Liam's Part~

  Though I know I didn't stand a chance against him and Sam's heart only beats for him, I know that I have to try because...I have a plan and I know I'm going to regret it in the end. This thing is for Sam because I know that's her happiness and it's my sadness.