Chapter 26: Warm Winter Night

  Today’s Christmas and I received gifts from Katie and the others. When I looked at the huge paper bag delivered in front of my door, I saw their gifts inside there and what’s surprising is that, Liam’s present for me was included inside it. I hadn’t open them yet because our manager called me from work. She said that she needed me to work today since a lot of people were at the café. 

  “Are you kidding me? Even during the holidays?” Jacob complained. “They should give you a rest, Sam.”

  “It’s fine Jake,” I said happily. “Besides, I could get a few extra money with this.”

  “Whatever, but I still think they’re torturing you,”

  “Yeah they are, but they love me,” I laughed. “So you coming with me? They could use a little help. Bring your disguise just in case.”

  “Okay, I’ll go,” he wore his disguise and rode the bike with me to the café. 

  The café was jammed packed with people. People including babies, toddlers, teenagers, adults and even senior citizens. Then I saw the sign outside, it said: “Christmas Special Promo! Eat all you can for only $25!” My eyes widened when I saw it but Jacob pushed me before I could read the whole board. He went inside the employees room with me. Unfortunately, my co-workers are in the middle of getting dressed to their Christmas Santa Baby outfits. Some are dressed as elves. Jacob’s mouth dropped then I covered his eyes though he had his sunglasses on. I punched him hard on the stomach then he turned to face the door.

  “Manager, you need help in cooking the food?” I asked. “My friend here wants to lend you a hand.”

  “Sammy deary! You’re a lifesaver! Yes, we need one more chef right now. What’s his name?”

  “My name’s Jake,” he said, still facing the door. “Are you guys done changing?”

  “YES!” they all said at the same time. 

  “Ah good!” he turned to face them again. “Manager, please lead me to the cooking aea.”

   “Oh sure of course,” I saw the manager replied shyly. “Just remove your sunglasses and change into the uniform.”

  “No, umm…he’s fine working like that,” I cut. “Right, Jake?” I looked at him with my owl eyes, hoping no one could see it. 

  “Why are you staring him with big eyes, Sam?” one of my co-workers asked.

  “Uh, it’s because I can’t see his eyes,” I lied then gave out a laugh. 

  Jacob was laughing but there was no sound coming out of his mouth. “If it’s ok Manager, I would wanna wear my outfit while working. If that’s ok?” He smiled sexily which grossed me out.

  “S-sure,” the manager twirled her hair and ushered him to the kitchen. 

  “Sam, is he your boyfriend?” Katie asked me. She’s dressed in an elf suit. “He’s cute.”

  “Uh, we’re just friends I guess,” I shrugged my shoulders. “So, where is my outfit?”

  “Oh manager’s got one pick out for you. Yours is special,” Bethany said. “WE all voted that you get to wear it.”

  “Huh? But why?” I asked, confused.

  “Because we think you might look cute in it, please try it on,” they all pleaded me. 

  Honestly, I was also excited to see what outfit they were talking about. “Well…OKAY!” I said excitedly. Katie brought out the outfit from her locker. It was a Santa outfit. I wore the outfit but I felt so uneasy with it. The outfit shows my belly button and my skirt was short and I have to consistently pull it down. My outfit even had a long pair of boots. 

  “Oh my, you look soo cute!” Bethany said as she took a picture of me.

   “I wasn’t even ready Bethany,” I said. “One more!”

  “Well, okay!” she beamed. “One.Two.Three!”

  When her phone clicked, I did a peace sign and a smile on my face. After that, a lot of girls were taking pictures of me and I was like a model posing different poses. But manager told us to get to work and so we did. 

  As I got to work, I was feeling so uneasy while walking. It was a bit cold inside the room. It’s because the outfit was too short, I had to pull them down. But I tried my best to imagine it wasn’t short. After I took an order from one customer, I gave the order to Jacob. “Hey Jake, order!”

  Jacob went to pick up my paper and he lowered down his glasses, “Sam, take those off!”

  “What?” I asked. I don’t get him. “Why? I’m in the middle of working.”

  “Just trust me. Please take it off.”

  “But why?”

  “Trust me, ple—“ I didn’t let Jacob finish because manager had interrupted our conversation. She told me I should go outside and usher people outside to dine in. 

  When I went out of the café, my body was shivering from the cold night but I tried my best to stand straight and be lively to the customers. 

  “Dine here, please? We have a special promo!” I shouted joyfully. “Guaranteed that you’ll have a lot of fun inside!”

  “Of course we would,” one guy in his mid fifties replied.

  “See? Even mister agrees,” I yelled. “Go in, Mister!”

  “No no no,” his words were slurred. He’s drunk! “I’m already having fun out here, seeing a nice young lady like you out here.” He touched my shoulders, but I shove his hand away.

  “Mister, I suggest you to take this route instead, you’re drunk,” I pleaded with him to go to a different direction but he kept on touching my bare parts. Suddenly, a hard fist went into his mouth. Blood was spitted to the ground. 

  “Wha-what happened?!” I asked then I suddenly saw Jacob. “Jake?!”

  “Get out, you damn bastard before I kill you!” he yelled angrily to the man. The man scrambled his way out of our café with people staring at us. Jacob turned to face me and he took off his jacket and put it around me as he whispered, “That’s why I didn’t want you to wear these kinds of clothing. You go change, and I will let manager know we’ll leave early. Hm?”

  I nodded as I feel my cheeks warm and I went to change into warmer clothes. As we got home, Jacob and I sat on the couch. He prepared a basin with hot water to let my feet dipped into them. “Feeling better?” he wiped my cheeks with a hot towel.

  “Mhm-hm,” I nodded as I snuggle closer to him.

  “Sam, I’m going to tell you something,” he said as quietly as he can. 

  “What’s up?” I faced him but he put his face in my neck then I sneezed. His face was on my neck. I can feel his breathe on my neck.

  “Don’t ever wear those kinds of clothings anymore. I’m sorry but I want to be selfish this time,” he said, his voice muffled. “I don’t want anyone especially guys seeing you wear them except me. You can only wear them in front of me. It makes me jealous letting others see you in them.”

  I laughed and laughed until my stomach hurt and I sneezed. Jacob was jealous and it’s cute in a way. “Fine, fine. I promise.”

  “Thanks Sam,” he smiled his mischievous smile and embraced me. 

  “Hee hee, you’re welcome Jacob!” I hugged him back as I let out a sneeze which made both of us laughed. Best Christmas ever!