Chapter 2: Deal or No Deal?

My cell beeped a message at 5am. It says about a grocery sale this weekend. Right on time! I just need to buy all my supplies tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. Then, I realized I slept while I was doing my homework last night. I shrugged. I brushed my teeth, combed my long silky chestnut-colored hair and put on my school uniform. So I went down the stairs to find that there was a blanket unfolded on the couch. Wondering if I sleep-walked downstairs, I folded it and placed it on the couch.  

That's when I remembered it. Last night, Jacob Hunter slept here. How could I be so forgetful? I thumped my head, hard because I felt dizzy. 

"Why'd you do that?" Jacob said while he leaned his arm on the doorway of the kitchen, observing me. Looking at him in close-up, I examined him too from head to toe. He has a black short and spiked-up hairstyle which made him look cool and hot. Brown hazel-nut eyes, nice sharp nose and thin lips. He changed to a gray fitted t-shirt which makes his muscles look prominent and a navy colored jogging pants with gray Toms. 

"Have you ever heard of a 'good morning,' Mr. Hunter?" I asked him back. 

He sighed heavily, as if controlling his temper. "Anyway, I made breakfast to thank you for last night." 

"Oh yeah, that reminds me! What are you doing here?! In my apartment?"  

"Uh...about that, let me just tell you all about it while we have breakfast," 

He escorted me to the table. 

"So?" I started immediately. 

"That's not a good way to talk to a famous actor," he shook his head. 

"That's not nice. You're avoiding the subject," 

"Fine, let's just get this over with," he took a bite of his clubhouse sandwich. 

I took mine too. Wow, this tastes fantastic. 

"Let's have a deal. I'm going to pay you my stay for here. Name your price. Any price, I can pay for it. Even a million dollars every month."  

I almost choked on my sandwich so I drank the apple juice he prepared which also tastes superb. "You're exaggerating about the price! But seriously, what kind of prank is this?" 

"It's not," he cleared his throat. "Here's my story. The hotel near your house was where I stayed last week until now. My manager is giving me a lot of pressures lately because he's afraid I might lose popularity points. I just wanna live a normal life for now. Then, I found this nice looking apartment so I decided to pick this. I'll pay you how much you want. Just keep all these a secret. Please?" 

"When are you leaving?" I asked him, with still few chunks of food left in my mouth. 

"When I feel like it," he put both of his arms behind his head. 

"Then I might increase your rent here,"  

He laughed a soft one. "Sure. Deal?" 

"Deal!" I said as I finish my apple juice when a knock came from my door, and voices shouting, "This is the police. For Jacob Hunter's missing incident!"