Chapter 29: I Don't Understand...

"Jacob?" I demanded an explanation. "Are...are you..are we going on a vacation?" I tried to joke though I know that this has a different meaning but I hope it's not what I think it is.

"No," he said flatly. "I'm leaving. I've packed my things. I already paid my debts to you. It's on the table. Our deal's off. I'm going back to showbiz."

"No, no, no," I said, trying to control the shakiness of my voice. Tears are forming inside my eyes. "The deal...will never be off. You see this?" I took out the necklace he gave me on my birthday. "You said our deal will forever be there. You promise!"

He went near me and pulled the necklace out of my grip and shoved it inside his pocket, "Promises are meant to be broken," his voice was cold. "And, let's break up Sam."

"No!" I stammered out loud, but I didn't dare went near him. "Give that back to me!"

"Goodbye Sam," he said then he went near me and placed his hand on my cheek which I slapped it away so he just gripped my shoulders instead. "Please, forget about me....Until next time." He released his hands on my shoulders. Before he closed the door behind me, I took one more look at me and...left me.

~Liam's Part~

Was that Jacob Hunter? Why was he with Sam? What is the meaning of this? It's a good thing I didn't leave yet. Oh no, Sam! I've gotta go to her. She'll tell me what's goin on. I hope...

~Sam's Part~

After Jacob left, Liam came after. He found me on my knees, crying on the floor near the living room. He came closer, "Sam? What happened?" he bent down to wipe the tears rolling down on my cheeks.

Since Jacob already left, there was no use hiding it from him so I told Liam everything. But every sentence I stop to sniffle but he tried to keep his mouth shut. I could see his mouth itching for asking me questions but he kept quiet this time. I was surprised that for a talkative boy, he can stop to listen.

"I'm sorry," was just he said.

"No Liam, you're not involved in this. You don't have to be sorry. It's my fault for trusting him."

He just stayed silent then he went to the kitchen. He came back with an ice cream in his hand. "Eat this. It helps," he handed me the ice cream.

I helplessly take the ice cream and licked it. But then, my mind reminded me of the time Jacob & I eating ice cream. My tears started rolling down again but Liam wiped it and just kept on telling me to eat it. I nodded and followed his request. Little by little, I felt better. Finally, I smiled, "Thanks Liam! This helped me a lot!" I licked the vanilla-flavored ice cream.

"No problem," he hugged me...but I didn't try to shake him off.