Chapter 12: Unexpected...Confession?!

  "Happy birthday Sam...and I like you," I think Jacob told me. Is this a dream? B-bump! B-bump! My heart is fluttering again. When did he say that? Just in time, Jacob told me to get down because we've arrived home. He unlocked the door and told me to open the lights while he said his shoe laces were untied. When I opened the lights, balloons were everywhere and a banner saying "HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY SAM!!!" hanging on my living room. I can't believe it. Straight ahead, I saw a birthday cake on our dining room. Behind me, Jacob placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me towards the dining room. I half walked and half ran.

  He sang the birthday song for me and lighted the candle. "Make a wish!" he whispered. I couldn't blink an eye. All of these were too much for me. I can't hold this happiness I feel. I just wanted to explode. 

  "Hey, are you okay?" he tapped my shoulder. "You don't like it?"

  "No no! I like it, really! I'm just...I'm just so so happy! It all feels like a dream!"

  He pinched me and I automatically said, "Ow! What ya do that for?"

  "Well, it ain't a dream."

  I smiled. 

  "Go on, make a wish and blow the candle."

  "Alright alright!" I closed my eyes and made my wish. I decided to continue the wish I was supposed to wish at that time when Katie & Bethany interrupted me. "I wish Jacob and I will always be together."  I know, the wish was selfish but it's just a wish anyway. I opened my eyes and I saw Jacob's face close to mine. My eyes widened and he backed out then I blew out the candle. 

  "What did you wish for?" he asked me but he's not facing me. 

  "Uh..uh..secret."

  "Pssh!"

  "Pssh your face!" I laughed and went upstairs. I slammed the bathroom door to get changed and to bathe. 30 minutes passed and I'm done. Jacob was found half naked in front of me again. I tried to ignore him while doing my assignments on my study table but he was just on the bed, still half naked reading one of my fashion magazines. Unable to concentrate, I read the Math problems aloud. 

  "Doing homeworks on your birthday? How nice!" he said on the bed. 

  "It's just my birthday. Not a holiday."

  "Tch, whatever."

  Finally, I went to bed. I don't care if he looks at me while I'm on my tank top and short shorts. I just wanted to lie down. He put down my magazine and adjusted his weight to look at me. Now, I care. He, half naked, is staring at me like crazy while I, almost going to be crazy, is avoiding his eye contact. Taking in deep breaths, I managed to calm myself down a little. I saw his muscular arm over my face as it turned off my lamp and got the remote for the room's lights and turned it off. 

  "There, that's more like it!" he said. 

  Yeah, this is really more like it. 

  "Sam?"

  "Jacob?"

  "I'll only say this once so listen clearly."

  "Mmm," I felt nervous of what he's going to say. 

  "You're nasty, bossy, noisy, not smart—"

  "Alright, I ain't listening anymore. I'm going to sleep," I interrupted him. My cheeks were flaring with anger. What's his problem? That's what he's going to say to me? Tsk, so rude!

  "I'm not done. Anyway, I'll still continue, it's ok if you don't wanna listen, I just wanted to let it all out."

  I moved to face him and he was facing me. Immediately, I put my blanket over my face. I can't believe I'm acting this way. Suddenly, I thought I heard him move closer to me. 

  "Despite those things, I don't know why I feel so happy and "me" when I'm around you. When you're not around for a short while, I feel like...I don't know...I miss you already. Well, that's it. I've said them. Those are things that just kept on bugging me the whole time. G' night, Sam!" He faced his back to my face as he pulled up the covers close to his arm.

  What does he mean by that? It's like I can relate to him. Hoping he's not yet sleeping, I said, "I felt the same way for you too. G' night, Jacob! Sweet dreams!" I faced my table lamp, my back facing his. Before I almost fade into my own dream land, I felt a pair of arms encircle around me. 

 ~Jacob's Part~

  My arms are around her. Honestly, I really thought that she would slap them away, but she didn't. Dumb as always, she never figured that what I feel for her is LOVE. That's what I like about her. She's too innocent at times. My arms, around her, I felt secure and I felt I really belong here with her. I like Sam but this doesn't mean I'm not going to treat her the way I usually do. The slow ups and downs of her body made me feel sleepy too. Slowly and cozily, I faded to my own dream land as well.