Chapter 28: I Care For You

Chapter 28: I Care For You

  Liam is calling. My phone is ringing. Jacob and I are still staring at my phone, wondering if I could answer the phone. "So...shall I answer?" I asked Jacob who had his fist on his chin. 

  "I wish you wouldn't but...fine," he nodded then went out of my room and I was left alone. The ringing tone died and I was relieved but suddenly, it rang again. My phone had ten missed calls coming from him and this was his eleventh. Finally, I answered it.

  "What's up, Liam? What have you been doin all day?" I asked energetically. 

  "Hey Sam, actually I was callin you all day. I'm surprised that you just answered this now," he said. "I was wondering if—"

  "I'm busy," I cut him off. "I uh..already made plans with my friend."

  "Oh,"

  "I'm sorry, maybe next time Liam," I apologized but I also felt guily. He kind heartedly called and I cold heartedly decline to whatever his offer was. 

  "No, it's fine. I understand. Bye, maybe next time."

  "Yeah, next time," then we both hung up at the same time. 

~Jacob's Part~

  Eavesdropping on their conversation, I also took a peek at Sam. Her expression looks as if she was guilty and annoyed at the same time. She declined his offer because of me, since she can't tell him that she has a boyfriend that is the long lost actor. I can't let this happen anymore. This has to stop sooner or later. I sighed and knocked at her door. She opened the door for me.

  "Why? Come in," she extended her hand to her room.

  "Sam," I started. "You...you don't have to decline his offer. Go have fun today. OK?"

  "I declined the offer because I already have a boyfriend. It's wrong to hang out with other guys when you're already taken," she explained. "Besides, I think it's going to be boring without you there."

  "Go," I said firmly. I have to make this convincing. Her friends didn't know she had a boyfriend because she wasn't allowed to tell because it was the deal. I have decided. I tried to smile convincingly for her. "I'll be fine. I have a surprise for you after you hangout with Weird Guy, alright?"

  "Are you su—"

  "Yes, I'm very sure," I cut her off. "Now call him back. I don't mind. I also have to go out because I needed to buy myself new sets of disguises again." I lied to her because the only thing I can try to convince her. All I wanted for her is to have her own time and not think about me. 

  "Pssh! You're so vain," she commented which made me feel mixed emotions. I feel so irritated and happy of her comment, but I also feel hurt because she doesn't know what I am about to do. "Ok, I'll call Liam back." She contacted him again.

~Sam's Part~

  "Hey Liam," I answered after the three rings. "Um, my um, friend just canceled our plan for today so what do you wanna do?"

  "This is great!" he said happily. "I have two tickets in art museum and I wanted you to come with me. Is it alright for you? But don't get me wrong, not those boring art museums you're thinking of but  the art museum where there are wacky pictures and you can take photos with them. Cool?"

  "Wow, this is great! I always wanted to go one," I said. "Ok, I'll meet you at the bus stop right now."

  "Thanks so much Sam! See you," we both hung up at the same time again. I changed my outfit and got ready to meet Liam. Jacob and I parted at the same time but in the opposite direction.

Liam was waiting for me. He was waiting at the bus stop. He waved the tickets in front of me when I got up to him. "Stop that!" I whined because he flapped the papers between my lips and nose. "C'mon, let's go! The bus is here."

  "Alrighty," he hopped on after me. He took the seat beside me and chit chatted with me again. His mouth never gets tired. I just listened quietly and sometimes try to cut in. Finally, we arrived to the museum and we took a lot of wacky pictures. There was one artwork I liked there so I let him take a picture of me standing on an angel artwork. So my photo came out as me having wings like an angel. "This is great!" he said. "You suit to be an angel!" He shuffled my hair then I shuffled his too. One photo I took from Liam when he was standing in a corner and the kid in the artwork poked his...well, you know what. Liam wasn't aware because he was busy checking his cellphone so I took the chance to take a photo of him. I let him see it but he told me to erase it jokingly but which of course, I didn't. I was planning to black mail him with that. After our fun day in the Art Museum, he took me to lunch before sending me back home.

  When I got home, Jacob still wasn't around. When I was about to remove my boots and changed into my house slippers, the doorbell sounded. As I get to the door, Jacob was standing outside with his...luggages.