Chapter 8: Crazy Little Moments with the Star ♥

I was late by 5 minutes, but I successfully bought ice creams for both of us.  

"You said to meet here at seven o' clock SHARP!" Jacob scolded me. 

"Sorry, bought ice creams for us! Thought you just might be a hungry," I apologized. 

"Do I look like a kid that would just accept an ice cream from a bird brain?" he turned away from me. 

"Suit yourself!" I began peeling off the wrapper of both ice creams.  

"Never mind!" he took the chocolate ice cream and started licking. 

I laughed. 

"W-W-Why are you laughing?" 

"Nothing," 

"Crazy," 

I glared at him. 

"Sorry," 

I can't believe that Jacob Hunter could be so childish. It makes him look cute.

We were home around 9pm. While Jacob was taking off his disguise, my heart pounded so fast. What's this feeling? I ignored it and started sorting the cans in my cabinet. The cabinet is almost empty until now. Finally! I'm down with last batch of cans. But they should be placed on the top most part of the cabinet. I jumped but I still can't reach it. "Gotta jump higher! I can do it!" I said to myself quietly. When I jumped higher this time, I reached it and placed the first can. Only 9 more to go! Means more jumping. Means I could get taller! I jumped again and placed the two cans . It would be easier if I go by two's.  

"Yey! I'm getting taller! I can't believe that by just sorting the cans by jumping can make me taller!" I said happily to myself. 

"Or I'm just holding you the whole time," a voice behind my ear said. It was Jacob's voice.  

"Eh?" I looked at my waist. He had his both hands on it. I didn't felt it because I was too caught up into my imagination. I also thought I was flying.  

"I pity you, I'll go do it," Jacob took the cans off my hands and started stacking. 

"Thanks," I smiled and started for the stairs when he called my name. I darted back to the kitchen. 

"Yeah?" 

"Cook for me! I'm hungry! I didn't have lunch awhile ago,"  

"Tsk! Why didn't you just buy there? I thought you'd be smart enough to buy your own food. Who's a bird brain now," 

He fell silent for a second then he spoke up, "Because Sam's cooking looks more delicious..."  

"Oh," was all that came out from my mouth but my body started making food.

"Here! Eat up!" I only cooked for him, because I wasn't that hungry anyway. I served him mac n' cheese.  

"You're not going to eat?"  

"Nope," I sat down across him and looked at him as he ate. He had a smile on his face after he took the first bite.  

"Ahh," he suddenly spoke up, holding his spoon in front of my mouth. 

"Why?" 

"Eat this," 

I took it. It has an unusual taste. "Mhmm. Interesting taste..." 

"I spat at it," he said mischievously. 

"Swear?" I asked angrily. 

He nodded happily. I sighed and left him alone. A lot of minutes have gone by and I came down to check on him with my pj's on. Dishes were washed and the dining room was all neat & clean, but the whole living room was a mess. It's like I'm living with a pig in the house. Jacob was watching tv. I sat on the couch with him. "Hey," I started. "We've got to clean up this mess tomorrow, okay?" 

"Okay," he said. "We've got nothing to do here anyway." 

"Good," as I was going to leave, he pulled my hand hard enough to let me fall on his lap.  

"What did you do that for?!" I yelled at him angrily as I also turned red. "Let go of me!" 

"Can I sleep with you on the bed? The couch isn't as comfy as you think." 

"Absolutely not!" 

"I'll raise the amount I'm going to pay you. Thrice the rent. Deal?" 

I considered it for a moment. Sure I was short in money right now, but that doesn't mean a boy can sleep with me. 

"Don't worry! I won't do anything stupid! I prefer girls who are smarter!" 

"Ok!" I finally said. "And I'll just ignore what you just said. So pay me thrice the rent. It's a deal!" 

 He turned off the television, "I'm getting ready for bed!" he stretched out his arms. "Night!"

  I clicked my tongue and followed him upstairs. All the lights were closed except my lamp beside my table and my night light. Jacob still had his eyes on the ceiling while I'm not facing him. The bed was a bit narrow so we really had to squeeze in with each other. The whole thing was too awkward for me. I heard a groan and I realized it was Jacob's. I looked at him and pointed to the lamp signaling to turn it off. "What's the matter with him?" I thought and turned off the light. The moonlight came from my window let me see the face of Jacob. He was smiling. 

  It was already 12 midnight and I still couldn't sleep. My eyes were still wide like an owl's eyes. Slowly getting out of bed, I put my feet down on the floor when a hand caught my arm. 

  "It's late, sleep already," Jacob said in a sleepy voice. 

  "I can't sleep. I'll just be out for awhile," I replied quietly.

  He clicked his tongue annoyingly and pulled me hard again. This time, he hugged me. "Shh, sleep already! Night!" 

  I was breathing heavily. My heart was beating furiously. His calm breath filled my ears. Everything about Jacob right now are all peaceful that cause me to feel drowsy. Little by little, I snuggled closer to him, feeling the warmth. Winter is coming yet I still feel the summer in his breath. I smiled.