Chapter 35: It's On!

  After our class had ended today, I've met up with Liam on our school's garden and we sat on the bench. I offered him my strawberry milk but he hesitated but I insisted so he ended up drinking it. 

  "What's up?" he asked me after he took one last sip of the drink. 

  I played with my fingers and said, "Jacob...I forgave him."

  "Hmm...as expected," he nodded. "I know you would. It's not exactly a surprise."

  I didn't expect him to answer me this, but I continued, "So...if it's alright if we...break up? And we could still stay friends."

  He didn't answer but he scratched his chin though there were no traces of hair growing there. "Umm...okay. We're still friends." He smiled. "But let me talk to Jacob first."

  "Okay I'll tell him that and here's his number just in case," I said happily. He punched in Jacob's number into his phone and stored it.  "Thanks Liam! Oh and don't share that to anyone." I said sheepishly.

  "Are you sure you can trust me with that?" he hinted.

  "Umm...yup! I trust you!" I nodded.

  "Good girl," he patted my head as I gave him a swift hug, bid him goodbye and took off happily. 

~Jacob's Part~

  It's eleven in the evening and Sam's sleeping in her room while I'm in her couch. Sam told me that she's now single and Liam let her go, but he needed to talk to me, how? Sam didn't confirm to me that we're back as a couple. My mind's a mess. Suddenly, my phone jumped with its ringing tone. Unknown number. Must be some crazy fan. I pick up, "Yo?"

  "Hey Hunter, we need to talk," the voice said quietly and I quickly recognized it. Liam. 

  "How'd you get my number?" I asked. 

  "Sam told me. She's clever to trust me," he said. "Good girl."

  "Geez Sam! You have to give the dude my number," I said in my head. "Ok, so where will we meet?" He told me the place and I hung up. I took my coat off the coat hanger and left the house.

  When I got to our meeting place, Liam was already drinking his coffee. I sat across him.

  "Dude, where's mine?" I asked, extending both of my hands in front of him. 

  "Go buy yourself one. I didn't ask you to have a tea party, did I?" he said coldly. 

  "Geez, never mind. Talk," I folded my hands instead. 

  "I let Sam go. Now, it's up to her who she chooses again," he started. "I don't want it to be you."

  "Give me a good reason why," 

  "You left her,"

  "O K , maybe that was a bad selection of words to say," I said to myself than to him. "Ok fine, we'll let Sam choose."

  "I'm not going to hurt her. I won't leave her like you did. And also," he said. "I won't let her cry."

  A pang of guilt struck me but I pushed it away because I'm going to do better than this, "I'm going to treat her better. I won't make the same mistakes ever. I'm going to protect her and treasure her."

  "Like I said, may the best man win," he drank all he had in the mug. 

  I smiled devilishly and bid him goodbye. I came back to the house and slumped down the sofa with my hand over my forehead. I won't let Sam be handed to him. I just can't let that happen. I can't.

~Liam's Part~

 This is great. Jacob has fallen for the trap. This what I was going for. I know he's not going to back down. He'll treat her better, I know he would. If that happens, that would put a smile to Sam's face. I never really meant what I said. It was just an act so he could protect Sam more. I smiled at that thought. Sam being happy is my goal. I can't let that smile fade away though it hurts me so badly that her happiness is not with me. It hurts. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, guys! Whaddya think? :> Who do you wanna win? Jacob or Liam? XD comment! It could affect my next chapterrr! :) Team Jacob or Team Liam!!!! Go go go!!! commennnnttt! :">