Chapter 7: Confused Feelings

The next thing I know I slept on the couch the whole night. I also remembered Jacob's head on my shoulder last night. Did Jacob slept the whole night with me? There was a blanket draped over me, and I knew that Jacob did it. What's gotten into that dude? More importantly, where's the dude?! He was not in the kitchen. Could he have gone out for a walk? "Hmm, he could've at least prepare breakfast for the both of us?" I said to myself. I went up to my bedroom and almost fainted. The dude slept on my bed the whole night. He had grabbed the opportunity in sleeping on a bed!  

"Wake up, sleeping ugly!" I used my pillow to hit him on his back.  

He moaned, "Oh, you're finally awake. By the way, I slept here the whole night." He grinned. 

"Obviously?" I said, I sounded annoyed. "Prepare breakfast already! I'm hungry!" 

"Already did. I woke up awhile from the cou—I mean I woke up HERE and prepared the breakfast only for myself. You do yours, what are you, a princess?!" 

I stayed silent. A hot tear fell down from my cheek without me knowing. 

"Fine fine fine!!! I'll go prepare! Sheesh! Don't cry! Here, use this," he offered me a handkerchief. 

I just stared at it. I was taken aback when he wiped the tear on my face himself. 

"Stop crying. I'm sorry, I may have gone too far," he admitted. "I'll go prepare breakfast. And you go change. We're going shopping remember?" Then he went downstairs.  

I bit my lip. Why is it I can't hate him when he's very annoying and so childish?! What's wrong with me?! I went in the bathroom, brushed, showered, and blow dried. I placed a towel around my body so I can choose the outfit I'm going to wear. "What to wear? What to wear? What to wear?!" I thought. Finally, I took a sweater and a long overcoat, tights and flat ankle boots. As I got to the kitchen, he was already dressed up in his disguise. In the same blonde hair with a hat. He had worn a black long sweater and a vest on top if it, denims and sneakers. He also wore his black sunglasses. He sure packs a lot of clothes! He sat on the dining table eating instant noodles. Across him, there are waffles and milk. Is that suppose to be MY breakfast? 

"Hey, I thought you ate alreday," I spoke, which startled him because he almost choked on a noodle. 

"I lied," he's not facing me. "Just wanna tease you. Eat up!" He pointed to the foods prepared using his chopsticks. 

"Thanks," I managed to smile. I ate the waffles. Delicious! 

"I like that,"  

"Like what?" I have no clue on what he's talking about. Sometimes he says things that don't relate on an occassion or to the topic at all. 

"You, smiling," he said. "Brings the best out of you." He smiled mischievously again. 

My heart jumped when he said "YOU." At first I thought he said he liked me, but what he liked was...my smile. I stuffed everything in my mouth so quickly that the table and the plate & glasses shook. I can feel that Jacob's eyes were on me.  

"Finish!" I stood up and washed the dishes! Ta-da! Finish and I'm ready.  

"You're creeping me out sometimes," he eyed me in disgust and faced the sink, his back facing me again. I secretly, behind his back, made my hands turned into fist and tried to hit him with it. But then..........he saw me did it...  

He wiped his hands from the cloth. "Were you going to hit me with that small fist of yours? Go on! Hit me! Hit my good eye!" He placed his sunglass on his head and pointed to his left eye. 

"Small?!" I dropped my jaw. 

"Uh-huh,"  

"Oh that does it," I said inside my head and punched his left eye but not hard enough to make it bleed. 

His mouth formed the letter O. "Ok, I honestly didn't see that comin!" He rubbed it. "I actually thought you won't do it! Gosh! It hurts." 

I'm starting to feel guilty so I just grabbed his arm and dragged him outside. "I'm taking you to an outlet mall. It's near a grocery too. That way, we can go wherever we want to go. Then, let's just meet on the playground there at seven." 

"What do you mean? You're not shopping with me?" 

"No. I'm going grocery shopping." 

"But...what about me?" 

"You're too annoying. You whine a lot. I don't need that," I got my bike. "Hop on!" 

"You think you can carry my weight?" 

"Do I have a choice?" 

"I'll drive, you stay at the back," he shoved me aside. He hopped on. "C'mon! Hop on!" 

I sat behind him. 

"You know, you have to hold me or else you might fall off right?" he said with a slight hint of a mischievous tone. 

I hugged him. And I think (or maybe, just my imagination) I saw him smile like he wanted it. "Step on it, King Pervert!" 

"Aye, Little Miss Stupid!" then we were off.  

~Plaza~ 

"You could've directed me nicely," he scratched his head. I hopped off my bike and parked it among the other bikes.  

"I was just getting back at you from what you did to me awhile ago," I smirked. "Ok! Remember! Meeting place is in the playground! Over there!" I pointed to it. "Seven o' clock sharp!" 

He nodded sadly, "See you later!" 

"See you!" We parted ways. He headed in the opposite direction.  

"Big Sale, here I come!" I said in my head. 

~Jacob's part (Outlet Malls)~ 

"She could've just offered me to go with her. Sam is just so mean," I said quietly in my breath. Their clothes here are not bad. They're cheaper and more fashionable. It's already lunch time when we got there. As I observed their street food, they all look unappetizing to me. I'd rather eat Sam's cooking than theirs. I'd rather starve. That girl gets on my nerves but I can't seem to hurt her. What the heck is going on with me?! Instead of having lunch, I continued shopping for my clothes.  

It was already four and I bought a lot of thick clothes for me to wear since it's almost winter. There are still three more hours to meet up with Sam. How can I use my time wisely? I've got it! Since I still have a lot of money left, I'd better buy a bag for all of the things I bought. Cha-ching! Finish! Then, I've thought of something better! I'll also buy some clothes for Sam! I really hope she'll like it! ♥  

~Sam's part (Grocery)~  

"Oh, it's almost seven! Only five more minutes!" I looked at my watch as I stand in one corner. 

I wonder how Jacob's doing right now. I gently slapped myself. "Why am I thinking about him? I hate him, right?" I thought. He's mean and crazy and also a PERVERT. But why can't I bring myself to stop thinking and caring about him? I'm a mess! While waiting, I bought myself an ice cream even though the weather's cold. I love ice cream! But a voice inside my head kept on telling me to buy one for Jacob too. I obeyed. I picked a chocolate-flavored ice cream for him while mine's strawberry. I hope he'll like it! ♥