Chapter (December) 25: Christmas Ever After ♥

December 25 Chapter: Christmas Ever After ♥

  "Welcome," he whispered softly to me. 

  "W-what is this, Jacob?" I stuttered, hoping he won't look down to see me bare-footed and worse, to not see me wear flats. It just means I didn't follow his order. 

  His eyes trailed from my head to toe, "Sam, where are your flats?" he asked me as nice as he can though I heard some irritation in his voice. He read my thoughts. 

  "I...forgot them?" I grinned, waiting for him to scold me but he just took my heels from my hand and led me inside the sky dome. My feet were cold and sore from the floor as they travel the floor silently. Something caught my eye and it was a paper bag. Jacob let me stand there while he got near it. When he came back, he brought out a pair of flats. 

  "I knew you have a tendency to forget," he shook his head as he slipped each shoe to each of my feet. It felt like as if I'm Cinderella. "Good thing I brought these because I knew you would be forgetful." He kissed my forehead and left me to turn on a stereo. He snapped his fingers and the sky dome became like a ballroom only that, it's a lot smaller.

  "Take my hand, I'll take the lead," he suddenly sang and offered me his hand which I took it. "And every turn, you'll be safe with me."

  He took one step to the right then I followed him then left. I chuckled because I feel happy right now and because for the first time in my life, Jacob sang for me and dance with me. It's nice to hear his sweet voice and to experience the smooth moves of his body.

  "Don't be afraid, afraid to fall," he continued. "You know, I'll catch you threw it all." He stopped singing. "Corny much?"

  I tiptoed to kiss the bridge of his nose, "No, it's not." I said softly then we continued dancing with the music in the background, but he didn't continue singing. We swayed to the left then right then twirl. He twirled me around but I didn't get dizzy which is good. Surprisingly, I didn't step on his feet. Jacob is really good in teaching stuffs. While dancing, I just kept on looking at his eyes which he reflected back. 

  After dancing and having our dinner, he changed the background again. Lights were off and the sky dome revealed the whole city and the sky. Christmas lights were hung everywhere. I can even see the cafe I worked at. The city was so colorful and lively. The snow fits the environment. Jacob offered me a glass of red wine, but I didn't accept it because I don't drink so he's the only one drinking. This silence we're sharing isn't awkward at all. We're just absorbing everything we see right now. It was really breath-taking. 

  Jacob scooted a little closer to me, my arm touching his tux. He put down his glass and wrapped his arms around my waist while I wrapped mine to his hips, "What is it, Jake?" I suddenly asked. 

  "Shh, wait," he leaned closer. His nose touching my nose. His watch alarmed and then I looked at it. 12:00 midnight! It's Christmas! 

  "Jacob, it's Ch—" his lips found mine. He leaned away first, leaving me with my eyes closed for like two seconds. "Ta da! Merry Christmas Sam Keith!"

  I giggled, "Merry Christmas Jacob Hunter!" I wrapped my arms around him to hug him. This is the best Christmas I ever had. 

  "You know what, this is the first time I prepared a Christmas party  for someone," he said. "But, it's worth it."

  "Really? How come? Don't you have your family to celebrate it with? C'mon, super stars are given some time," I bumped my shoulders to his now that we're standing side by side, his hand still on my waist. 

  "My parents were busy working and hardly come home to even celebrate Christmas," he admitted. "While my sister, she lives abroad with her boyfriend and I rarely keep in touch with her ever since my acting career started."

  I didn't realize that he still has a sister. I wonder what his sister looks like. Does she also have Jacob's hypnotizing brown eyes? Does she also have jet black hair? How about his mom? Is she strict? Or is she as lovable as my mom? What about his dad? Is he as mischievous as Jacob...probably not. Did Jacob and his dad have same features that's why Jacob's mom fell for him? Most importantly, will they all like me? These questions suddenly came shooting across my mind making me dizzy.

  "Sam?" Jacob looked at me. "Are you ok?"

  "Tell me what's your family like?" I leaned on his shoulder, cuddling closely to him while he put his on top of mine. 

  "You have to find out yourself when I let you meet them," 

  My head leaned away from his shoulder which made his head slumped down on his own shoulder that cause me to chuckle in the inside. "What? How? You just said—"

  "I'll find a way for you to meet them," he nodded twice. "It's a promise."

  "That's good," I said. "I'm excited and nervous at the same time."

  "Why's that?" he tipped my chin. 

  "I'm afraid they won't like me," I shrug my shoulders. 

  "I'm positive that they will," he said, still holding my chin with his index finger and thumb. "Just like I am to you." He kissed my upper lip and my lower then the whole. My body melted again. 

  I leaned away, "Thanks Jake! I love you and...Merry Christmas!"

  "Merry Christmas, Sam," he replied, and we held hands as we watch the stars above twinkling before us. A minute or two, he whispered close to my ears, as soft as he can, "I love you more."