The Girl In The Attic [Chapter 4]

C H A P T E R F O U R : O N E

                                                : Biannca’s Point of View:

 It was the smell of sweat, raw blood and old wood that woke me up from my restless sleep. It was great waking up on my own term than my own father rough hands on me. I shift my body against the wooden as I try to adjust my eyes to the dim darkness once again, in the small attic. The only place I ever know. My body was sweaty, bruise and weak. I squint my eyes thrice to adjust my eyes to the dimness of the room again.

I slowly rise up groaning in the process knowing how much body aches with pain and cuts from all the beating and abuse I have gotten. I manage to lean against the rough, discolored wall as I took in a deep breath, clusting my legs together feeling the stain blood on my legs and inhaling the horrible scents.

I heard my stomach growl viciously. I was hungry but there was nothing to eat. The only food I remember tasting was cold cup of coco tea. I keep hoping that the rain would fall today it was the only thing I could depend on to get in my stomach. It hasn’t rain in a long while except late yesterday morning but I couldn’t get anything because it didn’t fall hard enough .

My stomach was hurting really bad. So I slowly got and walk over to right side of the room where there was a big box. It was black and old. It had a lot of old things in there. There were a lot of books Which I learn words from, a music box, which never sings but I play with it when I have time. There was a bouquet of dried flowers wrap in plastic and one small dried rose. My stomach growl again and I started to look for an old empty book which has nothing in there in which I eat the pages out to get a weird substance taste.

I search until I find it and tore a page, crumble the paper and stuff it in my mouth and started to chew it slowly as I waited for my saliva to wet it from all ends. When it was wet I started to taste the weird substance I swallow it squeezing all the substance out then I spit it out and started on another one.

It didn’t stop my stomach from hurting as I thought it would. So I lay by the box holding my hurting stomach crying. I lay on the floor staring at the wooden ceiling. I barely had on anything but old tight underwear which I found in the same old box a few days ago. II notice that my breast where starting to grow there were small and had a good amount of body. My nipples were red as fire and burning me. My hair was short and dirty sticky with blood, urine and stuff that came from my dad’s body when he rape me. Thinking of that burn my heart, own father.

The house have been very quiet for the past few days it was only in the late night it was filled with screams and shouting that came from me. I always started to tremble whenever I hear his footsteps on the stairs, it was like I fall to pieces before he even touch me. I all ways vomit and bleed whenever he does it. It was too much but my body has gotten use to after so many years.

I really want to get out of here. I tried but I couldn’t. it was like inside was made with wall and outside with wood. SO I had to stay here and adhere to what my father does to me and my brother. How could still love my mother after she let this happen to me. How could I?. Every night I listen to my father beats her almost to death and still she wouldn’t one day come and get me out of this place. Not one day. I thought filled with tears.