⭐️Wowza ⭐️

Start from the beginning

"I think this just might be it," Anthony said as he handed me my portfolio. "This is definitely the missing piece to your portfolio. Add this and your complete. I've already sent off my letter of recommendation,"  He said as he pulled up a stool and sat next to me.  "Thanks, for everything Anthony, I'll get it all mailed today," I said as I forced a smile. 'So, are you ready to tell me what's got you down,' he asked as he pulled his stool closer to me.

Even though he was a little to close for comfort I ignored it as I frustratedly ran a hand through my hair. 'Emerald and I kinda had a fight. I think she broke up with me,' I said clearly confused on the whole situation. 'What do you mean? She either broke it off or she didn't?' he said clearly as confused as I am. 'Well, she kinda implied it to the whole school,' I said. 'How? Like the last time I saw you two together, you both seemed to be in love,' Anthony asked. 'I thought the exact same thing, until I showed up to school today and she serenaded me with a break up song in front of the entire sophomore class,' I said. 'That's really fucked up,' he said as he placed a hand on my knee. 'I know right! Like, she says she loves me but every time we have a problem, she never comes to me and just address the issue. She always runs and honestly it's exhausting to keep chasing her. Like, I know I've fucked up a lot throughout our relationship but I would never purposely humiliate her like that. It's like she was trying to hurt me and you just don't do that to the person you claim to love.' I vented for the first time today anger coursed through me. 'Ivy, I really wish I knew what to say, I'm just sorry you had to go through that,' Anthony said as he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back as I said, 'it's okay, I honestly just needed someone to listen to me; so thanks,' I said as I attempted to pull away. However before I could release him a pair of rough lips attached to mine.

I immediately pulled away, 'what they hell are you doing,' I yelled as I wiped my lips off. I was honestly disgusted as I stared at Anthony. 'Oh, please Ivy, don't look at me like that. You have been giving me signals for the longest. So know that you and Emerald are officially over. It's about time I made my move,' Anthony said as he stepped towards me. I immediately stepped back, 'look, I don't know what the hell signals you think I've been giving you but trust me when I say I am definitely not interested in you. I love Emerald and although we might be going through a rough patch now, I have faith that we will make it through. Our relationship has always been strictly professional on my end. I have nothing but respect for you as a fellow artist and I thank you for all the things you have done to help me in my career but I don't think you should be mentoring me any more,' I said as I packed up my things and began to head out. Just as I was about to leave Anthony said, 'Whatever Ivy, oh and you can forget about that letter of recommendation.'

Wow, was all I could say as I headed to my car. I sat in the parking lot for another hour just thinking about all of my encounters with Anthony. Did I really give him signals to suggest I wanted anything more than an mentor-mentee relationship. Honestly, I couldn't recall any but now that I wasn't looking through star-struck idol eyes, I could clearly see all the passes and advances he made towards me. The leaning a little to close when critiquing my work, the constant praises about how amazing I was, the lingering stares he would make during his art classes, and the fact that he assisted on paying every time we hung out. It was always there and in that moment I realized for the first time today, that maybe Emerald was right to break up with me.

I grabbed my phone out of the glove compartment and powered it back on. Almost immediately notifications started to flood my phone. I had several missed call from Blake, Barbs, my dad, and surprisingly Lacy. Countless Instagram notifications which could only mean that not only did Emerald humiliate me in front of the school but I'm pretty sure I'm a trending topic by now. Lastly, I had over 50 text messages. Nearly half was from the family and Blake, some were just students being dicks but the one that stood out was the one from Cassidy Hill.

Cassidy H
We need to talk NOW!! Meet me at the spot @5!! Don't be late
I quickly glanced at the clock and realized I had no more than twenty minutes to get there. I started up the car and took of, praying to God that this wasn't about what I think it's about.

————————————-
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 😊
Finally! Finally! Finnnaaaallllyyyyy, an update. It's holiday times so I've been extremely busy but I want to be finished this book by February. So, I'm going to try to get back to weekly updates. They most likely will be on Tuesdays or Wednesday's haven't decided yet but will let you know. Sadly, this book is coming to an end. Maybe 5 to 10 more chapters depending on how I write the events. Let me know how your holidays went and of course Comment and Vote. This chapter was Ivy's POV and the next will be mainly her POV as well.

Who do you guys think Cassidy is???? 🤔
Do you think Emerald was wrong for breaking up with Ivy the way she did? 😳😲
Hell, do you even consider it a break up?🤷🏽‍♀️
Do you think Emvy will survive this?🙊

Let me know your thoughts as I work in the next chapter(s) for you chickadees and chickadudes

-Layla 😘