★The balls in my court now★

Dedicated to goals_bish for being such a committed follower of this story. This chapter will go back and forth between both Ivy and Emerald POV.

★Ivy POV★

I walked up to Emerald as she was leaning against her car. "I thought you didn't have a car?" I asked as she played with her fingernails.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

She still didn't reply. "I don't know what your problem is but this isn't going to work if we don't at least try to get along," I semi yelled. She rolled her eyes and walked around me towards the driver's seat. Ugh, did she really just give me the silent treatment, like how old are we. I heard her unlock the door so I hopped in the passenger seat.

"Get out Ivy!" she finally spoke.

"Oh, so now you can speak," I yelled. I was growing really impatient with her and her nonchalant attitude. She had no right to be rude after she just hijacked my life. "Look, we need to come..." she raised her hand and shushed me. Un-fucking believable, she fucking shushed me. I knew I had to control my temper so I rolled my eyes and sat there until she finally spoke.

★Emerald POV★

At first I was calm because I half expected her to have a heart buried somewhere inside her, but at last I was wrong. I was thinking she was going to apologize for what she did. Of course I was wrong, so I stood there and let her have her moment. I'm assuming she didn't like my silence because she would take a deep breath as if she was trying to control her temper. It was kind of cute the way her forehead creased when she was trying (but failing horribly at) to control her temper.

Yet, finally I had enough so I did the only thing that I knew would both piss her off and shut her up. I shushed her and if you could see her face you would have been in tears. It was so funny. It was mixed with shock, anger, and more anger.

Finally, I said what I had been thinking the whole time. I sighed, "apologize, that's the first step. Hell, that's the only step as of right now. What you did was mean and hurtful and completely unnecessary." She looked at me and I swear I saw a glimpse of regret in her eyes but just as quickly as it came it disappeared faster. After a couple of minutes she rolled her eyes and said, "look, I'm not going to do that because I'm not sorry for what I did. You disrespected me at my party and you deserved to get punished. It's just that simple. Now you can forget about it and we can try to move on but that's the only option."

Wow, it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Get out Now, Ivy!" I was pissed and if she didn't leave now there's no telling what I would have done. I watched as she stared at me and got out the car. "I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow," she said before walking towards her front door. I rolled the window down and replied, "No, y'all see me when you pick me up. I'll text you the address."

I punched in Amy's address and headed home all while thinking of ways to get back at Ivy. And somewhere between a street light and a Krispy creme I figured out what I was going to do. Ivy loves her reputation, so I figured I'll start by turning the Queen bee into a big fat nobody.

★Ivy POV★

I walked back into my house and was immediately hit with regret. Why couldn't I just apologize and get it over with. "Honey, come help me set the table, dinners ready," barbz said as she sat the food in the center of the table.

After placing the plates, cups, and forks on the table. My dad joined us and we began to eat. I smiled seeing my dad sitting at the table with us. It was a rare and special occasion. "So dad, what's the big surprise?" I asked. I watched him smile before replying, "well baby girl as you know my main practice was located in New York." I nodded my head and motioned for him to continue. "Will I have decided to move back here for good."

I nearly broke my neck as I jumped up from my seat and ran around the table to give my dad a big hug. He chuckled, saying, "I knew you would be excited about this." I smiled because even though I had to deal with whatever crazy plan emerald was cooking up, I still had my dad now. We ate dinner and talk about any and everything.
-----------------------------
Comment. Vote. Feedback