Destruction✌🏽

Emerald POV

I sighed for what felt like the millionth time today. It's Sunday morning and after an entire weekend of exhausting procrastination, I've finally decided to start my Advanced Music Theory project; which happened to be due tomorrow. The task was to compose, write and record a song about the topic of your choice; that you would perform in front of the entire class. Naturally, when I work I tend to arrange the composition first and let the words come to me, but today I'm just not feeling it.

The music was loud as the beat flowed through my ears. I slowly tapped my pen in rhythm with the beat as I starred at the scrambled words on my page.

It's not that I'm afraid
How many times can I see your face?
How many times will you walk away?
And I have to be honest with you baby
Tell me if I'm wrong, and this is crazy

I reread the lyrics over and over and although I could see the potential, I was frustrated because I been at this for about two hours and all I have is a couple of random thoughts. Frustrated with myself I decided that it was time for a break. I grabbed my phone and logged into my IG account. As soon as I logged in I noticed I had about 50 new follow request and about 30 DM's and 10 comment notifications. I ignored most of them because only one really mattered. It was an DM from Ruby.

@RubyRed: what's up with ur girl...do I need to fly back out there😡👊🏼

I honestly had no idea what she was talking about. I mean we weren't on the best of terms but it wasn't anything to serious, I thought as I replied.

@NewYorkEmmy: WTH are you talking about🙄

I immediately saw she was replying.

@RubyRed: Check ur girl page 👀👀

Not bothering with a reply I immediately typed in Ivy's user name. At that particular moment I experienced an out of body experience as several emotions courses through me at once. Shock, Denial, Anger, and most important and probably the strongest was Betrayal. The image on my screen was nothing but disappointing. I rolled my eyes as, I read and re-read the caption over and over.

@MissIvyIfYaNasty: Thankx to everyone for coming to support me! but a huge thanks to @AnthonyConnollyArtist for everything you've done for me

@MissIvyIfYaNasty: Thankx to everyone for coming to support me! but a huge thanks to @AnthonyConnollyArtist for everything you've done for me. I couldn't have done it without you (literally since it was your show 🤣😂) The support means everything #My1stArtShowing #MamaIMadeIt

'Wow' was all I could say.  First of all, there's no way this picture can even begin to be interpreted as 'friendly'. Secondly, last time I checked I was the one who pushed and encouraged her to open up about her art. I was the one who spent weeks, months, convincing her that her art was good enough and deserved to be seen. Thirdly, why the hell did she not tell me about her art being featured. She knows me therefore she knows no matter what I would be there for her. She knows that even with me not caring for Anthony, I would have sucked up my pride and supported her. Hell, I love her. I would have been the loudest one there, directing everyone over to her piece. Hell, I would have been the highest bidder, but she didn't even give me the opportunity.