☆Best Christmas Ever 2☆

Emerald's POV

Just as I was about to protest her gifts the door bell rang. 'Oh I'll get it,' Ivy yelled as she ran to the door. She walked back in about two minutes later. 'I promise Em, this is my last gift,' she said as a shy smile spread across her face. 'Ivy no you have done en...,' my words were cut off as I stared at Ivy.

I watched as a figured emerged. 'Wait, your dad is my Christmas gift,' I asked in a confused manner. She chuckled before shaking her head and saying, 'no but the guy behind him is!' In that particular moment everything stopped. Words couldn't possibly explain the amount of joy I felt looking at the guy standing before me. His smile was the same but he still looked different. His hair had begun to grey around the edges. He had physically changed. He had lost some weight and replaced it with muscle. But eventhough he looked different once he spoke I knew the man standing before me was my everything and it didn't dawn on me how much I had missed him until he was in my presence.

'Da-Dad,' I choked out as I ran into his opened arms. He immediately wrapped me into his strong embrace. At that point I couldn't stop the tears from fallen as I squeezed my dad. I've missed him was an huge understatement.  A million thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to speak. Finally, after regaining my thoughts I pulled out of the hug and asked, 'How are you here?' He kissed my forehead and nodded towards Ivy. 'You've got a pretty great friend their and apparently she can be pretty persuasive. I wouldn't want to be on her bad side,' he said. 'Oh trust me when I say I know!' I replied as I sent Ivy a grateful smile and turn back around to look at my dad. I looked into his eyes and I immediately knew he was improving. His eyes held a familiar sparkle that I hadn't seen since before my mom got sick. 

After introducing my dad to everyone we continued to open gifts and celebrate. The room was filled with laughter and smiles as we all sat around and talked about our year. Somewhere doing the commotion I found myself outside reminiscing on everything that happened today. I was so emerged in my thoughts that I didn't noticed my dad.

'You've got yourself some amazing friends here,' my dad said as he sat down next to me. I smiled before replying, 'I really do.' We sat in silence as we looked around the garden. I could tell my dad was nervous but I needed to know. There were some many questions running throw my mind. So I took a deep breath and asked, 'So how is rehab?' A small smile played on his face as he spoke, 'at first it was touch and go. I didn't want to be there. So I blocked out everything and everyone,' he said as he played with his hands. I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He inhaled a deep breath before continuing, 'After a month of being there I was barely eating and I fell into a dark place. Eventually I decided I didn't need rehab and I checked myself out. That was probably the biggest mistake ever because not even a week later I found myself waking up in a hospital. Apparently I had passed out at Lou's Bar and became unresponsive and was rushed to the hospital. I woke up two days later having no recollection of this. At that point I honestly didn't want to wake up and I know its wrong but I just wanted to be with her,' he said as I wiped tears from my eyes.

He gave me a sad smile before continuing his story, " I don't know if you remember her but she was one of your mother's nurses and she was the one who helped me get it together. She sat me down and gave me a mean dose of reality. She helped me remember that I wasn't just getting better for me but you too. She showed me what would happen if I continued down that path I was on. She reminded me that your mother, my wife wouldn't want me doing this to myself. So, the next day I enrolled back in rehab and have been following the steps and have been sober ever since,' he said as he lifted his hands to wipe the falling tears of my face.

"What was the nurse name because I feel like I need to personally thank her because I don't no if I would be able to make it if I lost you too," I said. He smiled and there it was again; that light that I haven't seen in so long was back and I knew everything was about to change. 'Rebecca, Rebecca Kingsley, and she is so amazing, sweet, kind, friendly-- Oh, and she's so humble and helpful. Like although she works 12 hour days she still makes time to feed the homeless and she even sings to the children cancer patients at the hospital,' I listened to my dad ramble on and on about how nice this Rebecca chick was and I was just waiting for him to shut up so I can ask the question I been wondering since he told me her name. "oh and did I mention she wants to meet yo---Dad, seriously shut-up, are you and that nurse dating?" I asked as he looked at me with a shocked expression. I don't know if he was shocked because I told him to shut-up or because of the question but he quickly cleared his throat and said, 'Yes!'

"Are you fucking serious! Mom has only been gone for what 6 months now and your already playing house with some random chick. This is some complete bull shit. You even got that sparkle back in your eyes. How long have ya'll been together? Huh, cause it sure as hell seems like its been a lot longer than what 2-3 months. Where you fucking her while mom was dying--Emerald," I turned around to see Ivy and all my friends and their family starring at me. I looked at my dad and he had tears in his eyes and I immediately regretted saying what I said but I was still angry. 'Em-' I raised my hand and cut him off as I walked around him and into the house.

Ivy's POV

We were all talking and laughing as soft Christmas music played in the background. I noticed Emerald was sitting outside in the garden; which seemed to be her favorite place in my house. Soon her dad joined her and the began to have a conversation. 'Come dance with me baby girl,' my dad asked as I joined him. We danced around singing We wish you a Merry Christmas,  as the song drew to an end our laughter was interrupted by Emerald shouting, 'Dad, seriously shut-up, are you and that nurse dating?" she yelled as he looked at her with a shocked expression. By now we all were watching from a distance not knowing what to expect but he quickly cleared his throat and said, 'Yes!'

"Are you fucking serious! Mom has only been gone for what 6 months now and your already playing house with some random chick. This is some complete bull shit. You even got that sparkle back in your eyes. How long have ya'll been together? Huh, cause it sure as hell seems like its been a lot longer than what 2-3 months. Where you fucking her while mom was dying-----Emerald," I said as she turned around finally acknowledging our presence. I watched as she looked at her dad and he had tears in his eyes as he began to call for her, 'Em-'  she raised her hand effectively cutting him off as she walked around him and into the house.

He went to follow her but I placed and hand on his shoulder and sent him a reassuring smile before saying, "You might want to let her cool off, I'll go talk to her." He gave me a small smile and I headed of to find Emerald. I walked into the house and as usual I saw Emerald doing what she did best: running. I sighed before walking over to her. 'Not now Ivy, I just really need to get away from here,'  she said. I ran a hand through my hair as I said, "okay, but im coming with you!" She turned around and faced me. I guess she figured I wasn't going to budge because she grabbed my jacket and we walked out the front door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Wow, its been a long time and of course that's my fault but I have been stuck and it literally took me forever to write this chapter. I didn't see the chapter turning into this but this is what happened. Like, I literally had to open my laptop, sit in the dark and stare at the screen until the words started to flow. Im working on the next chapter now while I still have some ideas and motivation to write. I was going to make this a really long update but I honestly didn't want to drag this chapter out and have it not be good. But anyways, Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years 🤗

Layla 😚